Pre Dinner Wine Tasting

jmc27

Just noticed this on Navigator for our October cruise. The cost is $15 - does anyone know what exactly this is? It seems to be on every afternoon around 4.30pm.

We used to love Sip and Savour (pre Covid) so not sure if this replaces it.

TIA

That's a great way to get to taste the wines in the Sommelier package before we order the next bottle in the MDR.....Thanks for passing along.  Hope the "wine flight" is on the Westerdam 10/1 because we will be onboard!

Hi kazu - I did think this was instead of S&S as I couldn’t see it on the daily. For the first time we have HIA so we will probably just work our way through the wine list by ourselves😊 
QuattroRomeo - thanks for the pics hubby is a beer lover so he might check out the beer tasting🍻

The flight offered by the wine stewards is a great way to taste those available on the package and, on our spring cruises they would waive the fee if you bought a package on the spot which was a nice bonus (especially if you were planning on buying a package anyway!). 

• Like 1

I hope this new offering does replace the Sip and Savor as it was one of my favorite activities and I was sad to see it go.  As a small group activity, it was a fantastic way for a solo traveler to meet new people over a shared enthusiasm for wine.  I will look for this new iteration on the 2024 GAUS/NZ.

2 minutes ago, mame42 said:

I hope this new offering does replace the Sip and Savor as it was one of my favorite activities and I was sad to see it go.

We must have missed this....do not recall this event....Could someone enlighten us on what was/is "sip and savor"?

54 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

We must have missed this....do not recall this event....Could someone enlighten us on what was/is "sip and savor"?

When we were on Nieuw Statendam this was offered in the Tamarind bar as a special where the drinks (wines by the glass as I recall) were reduced in price and there were special appetizers served with them.  I haven't seen it offered since Covid however and we spent quite a few days aboard the Pinnacle ships since restart.  If they are offering it again on any ships it would be nice to know. 

Edited by Real NHDOC
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

This used to be presented by the Cellar Master and Pinnacle Grill chef, then devolved into a presentation by the wines stewards and a rep from the chef's staff.  On most sea day evenings before early seating one or two small canapes would be introduced along with their recipes, along with half glass tastings of a red and a white wine to compliment them.  The bar staff would introduce the wines and discuss why they were chosen for that particular offering from the Grill.  Since this usually occurred during the same time, but apart from Happy Hour, it was usually a small, devoted group would attending each evening.

• Thanks 1