Norwegian Joy

wsurrette2424

2 hours ago, Mike C said:

Just a heads-up, it might not be that easy to get a taxi near the cruise terminal, especially for a short trip to GCT. There is a taxi stand across the street, but the city doesn’t staff it. It’s chaotic. Someone will be screening the people looking for a cab, trying to find the airport fares.  There will be a few fake “Uber” drivers looking to grab fares, telling you that their car is a down the block.  If you take your time coming off the ship, it might be worth it to try and grab a cab outside the second floor of the terminal where the taxis are dropping off customers.  Last time, we tried for a cab to GCT and then called an Uber.  The driver told us he prefers to pick up on the second floor, since it’s less congested.  Good luck, and have a great cruise.

I second this and have had the exact same experience/problem debarking in NYC. Don’t fall for the fake drivers you will get scammed. Also the taxis won’t want to drive you a short distance to the train station they are looking for bigger fares. Although it’s illegal to refuse a fare they find ways around it. Do yourself a favor and call an Uber.

23 hours ago, wsurrette2424 said:

Hey All..

Thank you so much for all the great replies.... clears things up nicely!

We're really looking forward to our first NCL cruise.  Having done bit more research... looks like the free dining choices will suit us quite nicely.  I'm assuming the nightly MDR menus change nightly?  Seems the MDR breakfast and lunch menus are fixed.

Still trying to decide our two specialty restos...

Gus, we were just on the Joy in May and will be on her again over Thanksgiving. I may be wrong but I thought some of the lunch items changed in the MDRs. I know the breakfast items did. Not a lot of change, but some. 

We always do Cagney’s for one specialty and are probably going to do Teppanyaki for the other. I want to try Ocean Blue but my wife hates most seafood. 

You will have a great time on the Joy. There is always something to do. Just make sure you spend some time in the Observation Lounge. It’s a great place to relax and read a book, have a drink and eat a few snacks on your day at sea. 

21 minutes ago, johnrich said:

Gus, we were just on the Joy in May and will be on her again over Thanksgiving. I may be wrong but I thought some of the lunch items changed in the MDRs. I know the breakfast items did. Not a lot of change, but some. 

We always do Cagney’s for one specialty and are probably going to do Teppanyaki for the other. I want to try Ocean Blue but my wife hates most seafood. 

You will have a great time on the Joy. There is always something to do. Just make sure you spend some time in the Observation Lounge. It’s a great place to relax and read a book, have a drink and eat a few snacks on your day at sea. 

We had three different MDR lunch menus on our 12 days on Joy earlier this year.  (MDR only open on Sea days for lunch.)   

We loved the afternoon snacks in the Observation lounge.  Quiche, small sandwiches and scones😋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

Just got off 8/20 joy.

Bermuda cancel because hurricane. Rerouted to Miami.

Heard 8/30 joy (today) rerouted to new England because another hurricane to Bermuda.

Hope they get good compensation 

Wha?

Taking their guests away from a hurricane and keeping them safe is job #1 for the cruise line. I can't see why someone should be compensated for being kept safe.

• Thanks 2

On 8/25/2023 at 11:43 PM, wsurrette2424 said:

Just talked to NCL customer service, had the same idea as you as the flights were less expensive on the day before. NCL said you can't disembark on that day.

Hi All....

New to NCL but I've done many cruises on Carnival, RCL, Celebrity and Disney....

Just booked a (sort of) a last minute cruise on the Norwegian Joy... 11 night Miami to Panama Canal transit in November.

We have a balcony stateroom on deck 11.. with the FAS drink package, 2 specialty dining option and WIFI.

We're usually OK with MDR food... but would like recommendations for our 2 specialty dining options.  Also, any can't miss entertainment options?  Finally... we need to fly out of Panama City to Boston... we would really like to fly out the 1st day we dock in Panama City (we overnight there and officially disembark the next day).  Whom at NCL do we need to call at NCL to arrange that?

Thanks!  Really looking trying NCL... love new experiences!

Cheers..

Gus