WiFi Daily Purchase

Classiccruiser777

As we did on our sailing and many more also did, we did not start the purchase till the morning of the next day after sailing to save a day of cost.

Embarkation Day all are too busy to read emails or messages and you save on one day of the purchase.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

As we did on our sailing and many more also did, we did not start the purchase till the morning of the next day after sailing to save a day of cost.

Embarkation Day all are too busy to read emails or messages and you save on one day of the purchase.

Another tip is, if you have any internet credit via your loyalty level, remember a couple have it times two and so on a shortish cruise, it makes sense to utilise them both by paying a daily rate rather than one whole cruise contract.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

And the variant of that, given the 24 hour (to the second) stretch of the 24 hour package is to give a few gaps between purchases. So start up at 10 am on day2, then renew at 5pm on day3 and so on. And you may be able to get a bit of leakage from local cellular phone providers if near a coast line. So with a bit of planning you may greatly reduce the cost.

Related factor: if you are considering buying in advance via MMB, then different vessels have different wifi strengths, with currently QE is the best and QM2 the least good. So if you buy a whole cruise package in advance and discover that the signal is very weak in your stateroom, this can lead to frustration. Our current understanding is that QM2 is being upgraded in a few months. Either way planning on buying daily may be best value for money.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roscoe39 said:

unless you are travelling across time zones......I wonder if anyone has kicked up a stink at reception yet for losing an hour every other day?

That didn't happen when we change time zones on a Mediterranean cruise. 

• Like 1

Just now, Host Hattie said:

That didn't happen when we change time zones on a Mediterranean cruise. 

ill be watching it on the WC next year, if you pay for 24 and they change the clocks forward an hour they surely must give you the full 24 hours surely...........

29 minutes ago, roscoe39 said:

ill be watching it on the WC next year, if you pay for 24 and they change the clocks forward an hour they surely must give you the full 24 hours surely...........

Just done a round trip TA from Southampton. Not charged extra for the extra hour going over and similarly the same price for the shorter days. I couldn’t be bothered to start splitting hairs over lost or extra hours. I pay by the voyage so can’t comment on how thy work it for a daily rate.  

Good to know, i think we will have 12 time changes and east to west means 12 extra hours so its an advantage to us which will make the $135 per sector

go Just a little further. It will effect those on the qm going west to east more…

1 hour ago, roscoe39 said:

unless you are travelling across time zones......I wonder if anyone has kicked up a stink at reception yet for losing an hour every other day?

It seems to be my memory on my QM2 crossing last month that the 24 hrs ran more of a timer than a clock point. I'm certain for example that a daily bought at 8:03a one day expired at 9:03a the next when there were time changes. Anyway, something I wasn't paying particularly close attention to so I accept I may be remembering incorrectly but that my best recollection.

• Like 1