Who was the magician from our cruise?

OldBoring

We were on the Royal Princess July 29 - Aug 5, 2023 Alaska Inside Passage. I posted in the roll call but no answer. Anyone know how to find out the name of the magician who had a featured performance night in the the big theater? I wanted to watch more of him on YouTube but can't remember his name. Thanks to those of you with better memories or investigative skills!

8 minutes ago, OldBoring said:

In my original post, I noted that I first posted this to the roll call with no replies. That's why I posted this to the broader forum.

I think the idea was to specifically ask if anyone had the Patters from the cruise. Probably a bit of a long shot but you might have some luck even if nobody remembers the name. 

1 hour ago, OldBoring said:

Thank you but, no, I think he mentioned being from New York? Maybe?
Caucasian.
if memory serves correctly, both first and last name started with a T.

Was the Princess production show ‘Magic to Do’ performed on your sailing and this Magician was featured in that show? I have seen the ‘magic maker’ from the Production show also have a one man show as many are trained magicians in their own right.

I have also seen recently, Princess has hired a former ‘vocal performer’ who is now the ‘magic maker’ for the  ‘Magic to Do’ show. When this vocal performer was a guest entertainer on Princess, I do not remember his bio sharing info regarding any interest in magic, so I am assuming he got on the job training.

The Magician will rotate between ships during the Alaskan season.  He will usually perform the Magic to Do production show and one other show.  Then move on to another ship and then back again.  Maybe open this up to all ships that leave from the same port???

• Like 1

OldBoring:    Quite likely that was my favorite magician, Jonathan Hawley, and he has been on several Princess ships this summer.  He has a British accent.  Google Hawley Magic (his page on YouTube and various social media sites).   We saw him several times on Princess ships prior to Covid, when he had his sweet wife assisting him.

Edited by Cruisin Kay D

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

The Magician will rotate between ships during the Alaskan season.  He will usually perform the Magic to Do production show and one other show.  Then move on to another ship and then back again.  Maybe open this up to all ships that leave from the same port???

Michael Misko is the OG magician in Magic to Do. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OldBoring said:

Thanks everyone.

Found it.

T.J. Tana. He was great!

So glad you found him! I am also looking for a stand up guy who was on the Enchanted in July, but for the life of me I can't remember his name, so I know how frustrating this can be. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/26/2023 at 12:51 PM, Dee_Jay said:

I wasn't on that cruise, but just throwing out a name here:  was it Naathan Phan?  Korean guy with a Scottish accent?

Not to be missed. Naathan Phan

We just saw him on the Regal Princess. Did an amazing show right through audio-technical difficulties. First a piercing high pitched alarm and then no PA. He joked about doing shakespear in the park and performed so everyone in the theater could hear him. 

https://www.magicasianman.com/upcoming