Shows on Vista

zteamtwo

1 hour ago, rbtan said:

Our cabin (A-2)has one of the extended balconies. Anyone have experience with these?

We are also in A2. They are larger than regular balconies. However, O is no longer providing loungers on them. Only for PH extended balconies. Can’t understand why not, especially since they are now a 5 category upgrade/expense from Riviera/Marina. 
Our 22nd O cruise and we don’t book concierge, but did on Vista for the loungers, only to learn they’re not provided. Who needs a large verandah with 2 small chairs?  Next Vista will be back to a B cabin. 

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

They have table service in Aquarmar  so  the waiters come by to take your order  so I would not think you could "sneak" in

What does this have to do with the shows??

edgee mentioned the Aquarmar in her comments.  Good to know that orders are taken at the table.  I also mentioned the shows in my post.

11 hours ago, Jayne E said:

We are also in A2. They are larger than regular balconies. However, O is no longer providing loungers on them. Only for PH extended balconies. Can’t understand why not, especially since they are now a 5 category upgrade/expense from Riviera/Marina. 
Our 22nd O cruise and we don’t book concierge, but did on Vista for the loungers, only to learn they’re not provided. Who needs a large verandah with 2 small chairs?  Next Vista will be back to a B cabin. 

I guess well ask our attendant what they can do.

22 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I guess your legs are longer than mine 🙂

I really have not been in any theater where people could pass comfortably  without  getting up   except on Vista

JME

Some parts of the theatre have more legroom than others, I guess.

20231113_095846.jpg

20231113_100014.jpg

• Haha 1

We were also on the Montreal to Miami cruise.  I was very disappointed in the sight lines.  They were so bad, I didn't take any photos of the shows like I normally do.  There was plenty of leg room, where we didn't need to stand up when people walked by.  We did need to move our legs over though.

We loved the comedian.  The production shows weren't that good, but I don't expect them to be on O.

Vista23_IP-9817.jpg

Vista23_IP-9818.jpg

• Like 1

I hate to say it because I really feel for the young performers trying to make it in a tough, tough field, but of the singers on our Vista cruise I’d give their voices 3 C grades and 1 B.  I’ve only done 5 Oceania cruises but they’re was usually an A- and a couple Bs.  This group just didn’t have strong voices. The female guest singer at 60 years old blew them out of the water. 

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Vista Oct 16-Nov2 and loved the cruise.  However, we were disappointed with the shows because we thought Oceania had improved the entertainment.  This was our 10th cruise on Oceania.  For a 16 day cruise only had 3 production shows and quality was no better than previous cruises.  We enjoyed most other aspects of the cruise so we will continue to sail Oceania.  Service was fabulous and the food including the new dining restaurants was wonderful!

• Like 4

On 11/15/2023 at 10:46 PM, Clutj said:

The female guest singer at 60 years old blew them out of the water. 

If it’s Zoey Tyler, she is on Vista now. Two best shows in 22 O cruises!

Need more of this caliber performer.   She was fabulous!

• Like 2

We were on the Vista in June. I agree with an earlier poster that commented on the quality of voices on the singers. It was lacking compared to other cruisers. It also seemed like the dancers far outnumbered the singers ion previous teams. The dance routines often looked too canned. There is a point where the the routine no longer really flows with the music but just looks canned. Oceania went well beyond that point.

I do come back to one major point. I was so happy to finally be done with the ancient production of the Brill Building, along with the Peggy Lee show, that I gladly overlooked any shortcomings. They were actually doing music all the way up to Queen! I may be old, but it was a relief to finally bust out of the 50s and early 60s exclusively.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

We were on the Vista in June. I agree with an earlier poster that commented on the quality of voices on the singers. It was lacking compared to other cruisers. It also seemed like the dancers far outnumbered the singers ion previous teams. The dance routines often looked too canned. There is a point where the the routine no longer really flows with the music but just looks canned. Oceania went well beyond that point.

I do come back to one major point. I was so happy to finally be done with the ancient production of the Brill Building, along with the Peggy Lee show, that I gladly overlooked any shortcomings. They were actually doing music all the way up to Queen! I may be old, but it was a relief to finally bust out of the 50s and early 60s exclusively.

Both of those were on our Marina cruise in October.

Did our first Vista cruise in August.  Have been on all the other O ships.  I didn't care for the in house shows at all. Not wild about the voices or staging.  There was a kind of big ball from the old days that hung from top of center stage and sent out blasts of light. Very annoying. 

On the other hand, the special performers brought onboard were excellent. 

Just my opinion 

1 hour ago, SATaxman said:

Both of those were on our Marina cruise in October.

Yes! They are still doing the old shows on the other ships. The crew production shows on the Vista were new ones. 

Oceania started doing the “ Brill Building “ show in either 2017 or 18 and is still doing it! Boring and past time to end.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

Did our first Vista cruise in August.  Have been on all the other O ships.  I didn't care for the in house shows at all. Not wild about the voices or staging.  There was a kind of big ball from the old days that hung from top of center stage and sent out blasts of light. Very annoying. 

On the other hand, the special performers brought onboard were excellent. 

Just my opinion 

Frequently the solo performers, comedy etc. are usually excellent.The stage shows are a little stale, but some of the performers do stand out. Remember...The food is the real entertainment. Really looking forward to our Jan. trip on Vista.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pinotlover said:

On Vista now and agree about quality of voices of singers and canned dance routines. Last night’s singer was a standing ovation and tonight left after two songs/dances.  A western song with ballet routine. 

11 hours ago, Jayne E said:

On Vista now and agree about quality of voices of singers and canned dance routines. Last night’s singer was a standing ovation and tonight left after two songs/dances.  A western song with ballet routine. 

Was on cruise before your current one. Yours is the last cruise for this particular group of singers and dancers. We are back on Vista in January and looking forward to seeing the next group. The current male singers, Cedric and Sean are very nice guys. I thought their voices and talent were pretty good, but I have certainly seen better.

48 minutes ago, edgee said:

Was on cruise before your current one. Yours is the last cruise for this particular group of singers and dancers. We are back on Vista in January and looking forward to seeing the next group. The current male singers, Cedric and Sean are very nice guys. I thought their voices and talent were pretty good, but I have certainly seen better.

What date do you sail we sail January 31

22 minutes ago, edgee said:

Yes. We are on that cruise...Jan 31 cruise for 11 nights. 9th floor Concierge cabin near the lounge. 🙂

Excellent will look forward to meeting we live in happy valley oregon just outside Portland having moved from Southern California Malibu when grandchildren arrives we are on 7th floor mid ship

Will look to connect with you

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Waltershipman said:

Excellent will look forward to meeting we live in happy valley oregon just outside Portland having moved from Southern California Malibu when grandchildren arrives we are on 7th floor mid ship

Will look to connect with you

BTW my name is David and my DW is Lorena my pseudonym is Waltershipman and will explain when we talk but Walter was our last dog name  and shipman is what i love being on cruise ship man lol

See you soon

• 3 weeks later...

OK---I think I figured out the poor "sight lines" in the theatre on Vista that everyone is talking about. The problem is not the seats, it's that THE STAGE IS TOO LOW!  Ever been to Broadway?  Those stages are 5-8 feet above the floor level at least. Can someone on board confirm this?

11 minutes ago, zteamtwo said:

OK---I think I figured out the poor "sight lines" in the theatre on Vista that everyone is talking about. The problem is not the seats, it's that THE STAGE IS TOO LOW!  Ever been to Broadway?  Those stages are 5-8 feet above the floor level at least. Can someone on board confirm this?

I thought of that just last week when I went to a Broadway show in a very old "good sight line" theatre after just having posted the "sight line" comment while on Vista last month. I think it is combination of factors, but whether stage is too low or theatre is not designed with enough slope, the problem is there and will almost certainly be there for the life of the ship. Will probably be repeated in all Allura class ships. Doubt Oceania gives a damn.