Boarding time for RSS Grandeur?

GMIAC

The previous cruise is the Christening cruise with Commodores, Diamonds, honored guests, and top TAs; I don't think Regent will be kicking those folks off at the crack of dawn.  I would plan on normal 1130-1330 boarding.  During online checkin up to 21 days in advance you will choose/be assigned a time.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

The previous cruise is the Christening cruise with Commodores, Diamonds, honored guests, and top TAs; I don't think Regent will be kicking those folks off at the crack of dawn.  I would plan on normal 1130-1330 boarding.  During online checkin up to 21 days in advance you will choose/be assigned a time.

Do we choose or are we assigned? And do we have a better chance by checking in as soon as we’re able?

Choose or assign?  I have had both happen.

Better chance by checking in as soon as we're able?  I think you will be allowed to board regardless of when you check in online; so don't sweat it.

YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mrlevin said:

Choose or assign?  I have had both happen.

Better chance by checking in as soon as we're able?  I think you will be allowed to board regardless of when you check in online; so don't sweat it.

YMMV.

So, 11:30? Or could we board sooner? 

Over the last 12 years the earliest we have been able to board is 11:30.. The earliest boarding time we have had on our boarding pass is 12:30, but that has not mattered on embarkation day. Boarding always seems to start at 11:30. We have boarded in Miami three times this past year at 11:30. The ships are usually not cleared of passengers until after 9 and they have to have time to clean and reset. In Miami there was someone checking paperwork at the main entrance door. I wouldn’t push the check in start time to hard, there was no place to sit outside the main entrance if it is not open.

• Thanks 1

Just now, dabear said:

Do you recall the terminal number? We will be driving over to the port from Naples & hope to park near the terminal like we were able to at the port in Ft Lauderdale.

Regent docks at Terminal J in Miami. 

35 minutes ago, dabear said:

Do you recall the terminal number? We will be driving over to the port from Naples & hope to park near the terminal like we were able to at the port in Ft Lauderdale.

The parking garage is right across from terminal J, literally. Just a note, however.  On our return to Miami, we were docked at another terminal (The NCL one, can't remember the letter), so had to take a shuttle bus from that terminal over to the parking garage at J.  Other than that glitch, parking was painless.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Based on our 3 Dec,Jan cruises out of Miami and the only ship at the pier, you will be off the ship 9 - 9:30.Times are assigned base in a form you will fill out several days before as to your needs for transportation, flight time etc. if you can carry everything with you, you can pick the first time, usually around 8ish or a little before. We always go to breakfast in the CR with our hand pieces and then leave after we finish. We drive to the port  so are one of the last off by choice.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

How early is disembarkation? And how late can one stay onboard? Are there times assigned? This would be at Port Miami, and the "arrival" is shown at 6AM that day.

Normal timing is:

- vacate suite by 8am

- off the ship by 9am (although delays in Miami are not unheard of 😉)

Disembarkation can commence once the ship has been cleared by the port authorities and luggage has been taken off.

Edited by flossie009
  • Thanks 1