Travel document concern?

Bbyg31

Hi! I am going on a Carnival cruise to Ensenada and do not have time for a passport. I do have my drivers license, birth certificate, and marriage license. However… there is a small typo on my marriage license. My dad’s name is misspelled by one letter, so it won’t match my birth certificate. Is that an issue? 

1 hour ago, Bbyg31 said:

Hi! I am going on a Carnival cruise to Ensenada and do not have time for a passport. I do have my drivers license, birth certificate, and marriage license. However… there is a small typo on my marriage license. My dad’s name is misspelled by one letter, so it won’t match my birth certificate. Is that an issue? 

You are fine

They likely won't even look at your marriage license. They check for same first and middle name and date of birth when you have a different last name than your birth certificate. Just make sure your booking name matches your photo ID in this case driver license. You will be fine. Last but not least make sure it is a government issued birth certificate and not one issued by a hospital. 

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Agree with @ontheweb that you will be fine.  As someone who checks in cruise passengers, I am  looking to see that a married woman's first, middle name, as well as her birth date, matches up with the same info on her photo ID (DL).

It's always best to hear from someone who has the true knowledge because of his or her experience.

On our NCL cruise earlier this month, the checkout was too efficient, got us there before the cabin ws ready. LOL. NCL has you upload your picture in their pre-boarding process to get your documents.It specifically says without glasses. Our check in person retook the picture. I asked if I should take my glasses off, and he said no, only my sunglasses which were perched on my forehead.

I started two threads about our August 6th-17th cruise on the Prima in the NCL section, one was basically a review and the other was how it was almost a disaster.