Looking for past cruisers who have done the cruise then land portion disembarking in Whittier on Princess ship.

shiner6

I have a few questions which my TA is unable to find answers to and would appreciate talking with someone who has actually done this cruise in the past. Most of my questions have to do with the disembarkation in Whittier and the time and travel spent in Denali and flying out of Fairbanks. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for your replies:  Here are the first of my questions.

We will arrive in Whittier at 12:30 am.

1.What time does the provided rail service take you to The Princess Mt. McKinley Lodge? Is there time to explore Whittier?

2.What is the provided transportation like? 

3. We are looking for an opportunity to purchase a bottle or two of wine and spirits to enjoy in our cabins on our land portion of our trip. Anyone have experience with this?

4. Can you purchase spirits on the ship and take them with you on disembarkation?

5. Any advice regarding the land portion excursions is greatly appreciated. I booked the Tundra Wilderness Tour so far.

1 hour ago, shiner6 said:

We will arrive in Whittier at 12:30 am.

1.What time does the provided rail service take you to The Princess Mt. McKinley Lodge? Is there time to explore Whittier?

The ship will arrive in Whittier during the night. Disembarking will begin in the morning.

• Haha 1

I expect you to get off the ship between 6-7:30 am in the morning. Usually the cruise tours get off first.

There will not be time to see "Whittier". Though, there is very little to see in Whittier so it is not as big of a loss as missing Seward.

Technically on Princess you can purchase spirits and take them with you when you disembark, but I am not sure how that would work on a cruise tour as you may put your luggage out the night before (and there is limited storage on the train). Sorry - can't answer this.

Edited by Coral