Aug 20th-27th Explorer of the seas. Help find a passenger!

This a bit of a long shot but we’ve just got off of the Explorer of the seas and had a lovely family on our table at dinner. Steven and Joelle with their two 17 year old children, Ethan and Jordan from Washington state, near Seattle. My son, also called Ethan spent the last 2 evenings with Ethan and Jordan and some other friends that they’d made but didn’t end up swapping details. Now we’re off the ship he’s really regretting this so I’m desperately trying to help him find them! I’ve posted on our cruises Facebook group and also another one for Explorer too in the hope that someone can help! Maybe your son/daughter was one of the other teenagers they were with? 

Photos of me and my Ethan incase anyone recognises him! 

IMG_8481.jpeg

bacf4786-ef26-41a7-b83c-011858c94d88.jpeg

• Like 1

You can find anyone on social media with at least 3 pieces of information. Sounds like you already have a location (1) and names (2). Your son will have to do the rest of the leg work (especially when it's a minor trying to locate his friends, who are also minors).

4 hours ago, MLBFan24 said:

You can find anyone on social media with at least 3 pieces of information. Sounds like you already have a location (1) and names (2). Your son will have to do the rest of the leg work (especially when it's a minor trying to locate his friends, who are also minors).

I’m normally pretty good at finding people on social media! We don’t have surnames or are even sure on the spelling of the first names. It’s his own fault for not plucking up the courage to ask! But he’s kicking himself now! He’s learnt his lesson for the future! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Since kids are big Instagram users, maybe check the hashtags for explorer of the seas and see if the parents or kids are pictured in any of the photos that come up. 

You could also check the hashtags for the ports you visited and any potential popular tourist attractions or landmarks.

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DelilahDaisyDuke said:

This a bit of a long shot but we’ve just got off of the Explorer of the seas and had a lovely family on our table at dinner. Steven and Joelle with their two 17 year old children, Ethan and Jordan from Washington state, near Seattle. My son, also called Ethan spent the last 2 evenings with Ethan and Jordan and some other friends that they’d made but didn’t end up swapping details. Now we’re off the ship he’s really regretting this so I’m desperately trying to help him find them! I’ve posted on our cruises Facebook group and also another one for Explorer too in the hope that someone can help! Maybe your son/daughter was one of the other teenagers they were with? 

Photos of me and my Ethan incase anyone recognises him! 

IMG_8481.jpeg

Beautiful photo.  I would frame this one!

• Like 1

A quick Google found this obituary for a man with grandchildren from Seattle called Stephen & Joelle and great-grandchildren called Ethan & Jordan. Got to be, surely …

https://nationalpost.remembering.ca/obituary/max-adler-1065368737

And then another quick Google found a lady called Joelle Baron, nee Adler, married to Stephen living near Seattle:

https://www.spokeo.com/Joelle-Baron/Washington/Sammamish/p3410933171

May or may not be them. But maybe a starting point? The internet is a scary thing …

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

A quick Google found this obituary for a man with grandchildren from Seattle called Stephen & Joelle and great-grandchildren called Ethan & Jordan. Got to be, surely …

And then another quick Google found a lady called Joelle Baron, nee Adler, married to Stephen living near Seattle:

May or may not be them. But maybe a starting point? The internet is a scary thing …

I love Google and I'm always finding things for people.  On FB in particular people seem to be unable to google and most of them are way younger than me (I'm 63).  I've found many people and addresses very easily.  Some of the questions asked on FB groups are so very easy to find the answer to.  I don't know if it's laziness or some are just used to everyone doing things for them, but honestly, most of the time the answer they're looking for it the very first hit, so not really a lot of searching.  That said, finding someone from a cruise can be difficult but with the info OP has, it's probably going to be a little easier with all the names provided.  They can take the last name and search FB, IG and see if the pics match.

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

You are amazing! Thank you so much!!