Crystal is alive and kicking article in Seatrade Cruise News 28 August 2023

Stickman1990

55 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

Eggs Benny? Get 'chur sauce on the side! 😁

Funny enough, that exact error comes up again on another dish!  

The breakfast sandwich (is it truffled eggs, prosciutto and brie?  I'm recalling that from memory) usually (not not ALWAYS, like the Benedicts) gets thrown under the broiler/hollandaise coagulation machine, completely desiccating the croissant.  Not toasted, not crunchy, anti-hydrated.  That's one example of what I'm talking about...  

Well, technically it's two examples, but one of them is decades old and pre-dates the current menu.

Vince

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Funny enough, that exact error comes up again on another dish!  

The breakfast sandwich (is it truffled eggs, prosciutto and brie?  I'm recalling that from memory) usually (not not ALWAYS, like the Benedicts) gets thrown under the broiler/hollandaise coagulation machine, completely desiccating the croissant.  Not toasted, not crunchy, anti-hydrated.  That's one example of what I'm talking about...  

Well, technically it's two examples, but one of them is decades old and pre-dates the current menu.

Vince

Never tried that dish, but during WC 2020, on the rare occassions we ordered Eggs Benny, we used the "Vince Method" and ordered the hollandaise on the side and it worked perfectly. The only thing we could not get them do, no matter how hard we tried, was to stop bringing a separate bowl of hollandaise for each us!!!!😮😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ordered Eggs Benedict twice on my recent cruise. Well, it was Egg Benedict as I ordered just one egg. In the past I thought the Canadian bacon was too thick. Not a problem this time, it was so thin I believe you could have read Reflections through it. Next cruise I’ll try it once and if the same, will permanently delete it from my breakfast menu. 

Patty

• Like 3
  • Haha 3