Alcohol question

FeelingCruisy

I was told that we can bring as much wine and spirits on to the ship despite the rules of 6 bottles per cabin.   May I inquire, if I can bring a bottle of scotch or other spirits on the second day or other port days besides the first embarkation day due to the fact that I can probably get the selection I want in Naples (a port day) compared to Chivitavecchia where we do our embarkation.   Please advise.  Thank you 

Yes 

Personal Spirits  are to be consumed  in your cabin

You can take  a bottle of wine to the dining venues  & pay the corkage  otherwise  also to be consumed in your cabin

You are allowed six bottles of wine, not hard liquor.  They will hold liquor purchased in port.  Yes some people do manage to get around the rules… but read the ticket contract so if they do hold it you are not disappointed.

6 minutes ago, Pandazoo said:

You are allowed six bottles of wine, not hard liquor.  They will hold liquor purchased in port.  Yes some people do manage to get around the rules… but read the ticket contract so if they do hold it you are not disappointed.

Wrong. 
You can bring any spirits you want (at embark or at any port stop. You’ll even see notes in Currents reminding folks of the rules). However, personal spirits must be consumed in your cabin. Your steward or butler will stock your fridge with available mixers, juices. 

Personal wine can be taken out of the cabin but is subject to a $25 corkage fee for each bottle used.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Pandazoo said:

In 12 years of cruising with Oceania I, nor do I know of anyone, had Oceania hold any alcohol we have brought on board.  We have brought a case of wine (clearly marked) at embarkation and given to porters along with luggage to be delivered to our room.  We have brought wine and liquor onboard at ports and not had anything taken.  Usually the staff want to know what and where we got something and if it was a good deal.  Have you personally had this happen on Oceania or just conjecture?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, basor said:

In 12 years of cruising with Oceania I, nor do I know of anyone, had Oceania hold any alcohol we have brought on board.  We have brought a case of wine (clearly marked) at embarkation and given to porters along with luggage to be delivered to our room.  We have brought wine and liquor onboard at ports and not had anything taken.  Usually the staff want to know what and where we got something and if it was a good deal.  Have you personally had this happen on Oceania or just conjecture?

Absolutely. 
Depending on the embark city and availability, we’ll often bring from 6 to 12 bottles to start.

1 hour ago, Pandazoo said:

Not So

Unless you abuse the generous  practice

“Carrier reserves the right to prohibit and retain all liquor brought aboard the ship.  All liquor purchased ashore must remain in bond until disembarkation”   #16 alcohol policy ticket/contract.

7 minutes ago, Pandazoo said:

“Carrier reserves the right to prohibit and retain all liquor brought aboard the ship.  All liquor purchased ashore must remain in bond until disembarkation”   #16 alcohol policy ticket/contract.

Oceania  reserves the right to allow you to bring  extra wine & spirits onboard 😉

Many people do without issue

Just saying

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pandazoo said:

And you’re still wrong. The above is merely a CYA statement (“…reserves the right…”) which, in my several hundred days on Oceania cruises, I have never seen (nor heard of being) enforced.

In fact, in stark contrast to the T&C statement you cited, here in the pic is the reminder about bringing/consuming personal alcohol onboard that regularly is repeated in the daily Currents. Also, see the pic of our current cruise’s embark stock (sorry for upside down pic).

694CEC17-E539-4214-AB64-F64937656CEB.jpeg

D25BB76D-16E5-445C-A2A3-191707EBCD44.jpeg

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

38 minutes ago, Pandazoo said:

Again, asking have you ever had any alcohol taken when bringing aboard Oceania?  

6 minutes ago, Pandazoo said:

@Basor yes they held rum from a Caribbean cruise.  Now I bring the bubble wraps for transporting liquor home.

Oceania held a bottle of rum from you on a Caribbean Cruise - then you are the first person that I have heard/seen of this happening in all my years of sailing Oceania and in CC discussions.  What date and cruise was this?   We have brought bottles of rum onboard Oceania in the Caribbean several times with no problem.

The T and C states they reserve the right, not that they will, and based upon the experience of all (except you apparently) they have not held any liquor.  In fact as it has been stated, they even post in the Daily Currents that alcohol brought onboard must be consumed in the cabin (not that it may be taken from you)

Edited by basor
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Pandazoo said:

@Flatbush FlyerNot wrong it’s in the ticket contract.

“Wrong” “Incorrect” ….  Whatever word you prefer. Perhaps you should read the current O FAQs on the O website:

Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship’s dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle.

28 minutes ago, Pandazoo said:

@Basor yes they held rum from a Caribbean cruise.  Now I bring the bubble wraps for transporting liquor home.

Me thinks you have not sailed on Oceania 🤔

@Flatbush FlyerI also noticed the six bottles of wine missing from the new contract.  Maybe SimplyMore is changing alcohol policy too.  I am not an O executive nor am I on a current cruise to read currents.  Don’t shoot the messenger just think the original persons question should be answered by O ticket/contract.  Imagine the disappointment if their alcohol gets confiscated.

1 hour ago, Pandazoo said:

Sorry I do not believe anyone on Oceania  held your Rum..I believe it must have been on another ship..I have sent almost 500 days on Oceania and have never had a problem and I do work closely with them..

Jancruz1

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Pandazoo said:

@Flatbush FlyerI also noticed the six bottles of wine missing from the new contract.  Maybe SimplyMore is changing alcohol policy too.  I am not an O executive nor am I on a current cruise to read currents.  Don’t shoot the messenger just think the original persons question should be answered by O ticket/contract.  Imagine the disappointment if their alcohol gets confiscated.

Since you are the only, so far, that has ever had any alcohol confiscated by Oceania, I doubt the OP will be disappointed.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pandazoo said:

No one’s personal (and legal) alcohol will get confiscated on any Oceania ship. 

• Like 1