LIVE… Carnival Celebration 9/3/23-9/9/23

MeganGC1983

9 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

We just started getting trip insurance at the age of 68. Before that we didn’t think we needed it. Duh!  Now we get the annual policy from Allianz. I’m trying to convince our travel partners for next years cruise to at least get the medical evacuation coverage. 

Yes, that’s what I “endorse”. 

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

So random Georgia guy we’ve spoken to several times this cruise… his wife fell off an ATV yesterday and broke her hip. Whole mess. She’s in medical until we port… getting morphine. He wants to get her back to Georgia. They are telling him he would have to get a charter flight for that. She also has a concussion. 

Holy crap where is the sigh button......did she not have a helmet on?  Feel for her for sure.

• Like 5

Just now, Hogladyrider said:

Holy crap where is the sigh button......did she not have a helmet on?  Feel for her for sure.

Her helmet wasn’t buckled appropriately. Flew off. She went to grab it. Stepped on the gas. Elbowed the steering. Catastrophe of conundrums. 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Her helmet wasn’t buckled appropriately. Flew off. She went to grab it. Stepped on the gas. Elbowed the steering. Catastrophe of conundrums. 

Exactly how accidents happen.  Really feel bad for her and her husband.  

• Like 8

Just now, luvcruzing said:

Exactly how accidents happen.  Really feel bad for her and her husband.  

And the daughter is here. She’s a registered nurse. Only one can go in with the patient at a time so the daughter’s cruise is done. The husband is a wreck. Totally crazy. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Crazy thing is… they have the Carnival protection… but they won’t medivac her. And they think this break is enough for a full replacement. 

MedJet, if hospitalized they will send you to home hospital in private medical jet

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

So once upon a time, when I was a lowly 😆 gold, our friend @Roscoe13 and his beautiful wife invited us as their guests to this event. And after a full more year of cruising we were there. And soon… Tribe cruise… it’s gonna be @sid_9169 turn. 

image.jpg

And this will be me on the second leg of our B2B, but none of you will be there to celebrate with me! 😁🥲

• Like 8