LIVE… Carnival Celebration 9/3/23-9/9/23

MeganGC1983

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from MeganGC1983! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

MeganGC1983 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

“Celebrate good times, come on! Let’s celebrate!”

In just a few short days, it’s gonna be time to bring it on back to Carnival and try out the new Celebration. It’s been 80 days since we sailed on the Resilient Lady, and it feels like forever. I can’t believe we haven’t sailed Carnival at all in 2023.

For those that are new, welcome aboard! I’ll be your guide through this LIVE review. Together we will have 6 days of Shaq’s Big Chicken, Street Eats, Latitudes Bar, Center Stage and ChiBANG! 

If you’re a regular, great to have ya back! Follow along, ask questions, and let’s see what we can get into! 
Our stops will be Cozumel, Roatan, and Costa Maya. I’ve actually never been to Costa Maya. I’m not exactly excited to fly to Florida just to do a western itinerary, but sometimes, you just go with the flow. 

E38F1273-1C68-4B7D-BA04-1C113D247C9B.jpeg

F3961F63-32E6-4DC3-8796-0B85CBF1B6DA.jpeg

• Like 40

I booked the airfare for this trip in June. As usual, FLL was cheaper than MIA. Oddly enough, OKC was cheaper than flying out of Dallas. We are flying Southwest, and I used points to purchase the flights. There was also some kind of summer time promo code I used that came up around the Fourth of July. I was able to apply that and reap the savings benefits. 

Airport parking is much easier at OKC than Dallas or DFW… cheaper too. Last time, we used a coupon for off site, USA parking for $3.95/day. Their regular rate is $7.95 per day. This time, parking will be at the OKC economy lot for $6/day. 

Ports of call… we’ve never been to Mr. Sancho’s, so we decided it was about that time to try it out in Cozumel. In Roatan, since we’ve all ready done the sloth thing, we will head to West End Beach and do some snorkeling there. Costa Maya, the plan is to check out the port area and probably head over to The Krazy Lobster. We talked about doing the ruins thing, but the 90 minute bus ride each way never sounds appealing. We plan on doing a land vacation in the future to knock out the ruins. Pencil it in somewhere after all my other cruises but before I cruise Alaska. 😉

• Like 19

I am a Carnival gift card user. There. I said it. 
I usually buy from Allstate, but since the price hike and the fact that they are going under, there’s been some problems. 
I bought gift cards with the 8% savings on Aug. 20th. The $500 ones are shipped UPS 2 day, so I thought I’d have them in plenty of time to pre-purchase Cheers! and the internets. Boy was I wrong! I watched my order sit there for 5 days… then on the AARP thread, I think it was @Organized Chaos, said he purchased the same gift cards through AllState and his order was canceled. With that info, I went ahead a bit the bullet becoming an AARP member to purchase their e-cards since it seemed I would have a canceled order from Allstate as well. I purchased Cheers! and the value internets only to see an email from Allstate saying my gift cards had shipped two days prior. Odd! That would have them here Saturday or Monday at the latest. The email stated they had sent them via FedEx2day, but the tracking wouldn’t load. Very odd! I finally called today, and they sent those jokers by regular mail. They are going to refund the shipping I paid, and I guess I’ll hope that they actually make it by real mail eventually. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Thanks Allstate rewards! 😐 I’ll use those towards the Tribe cruise for January, if they ever get here. 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Lets go!!! 👏👏👏

I agree, 80 days in "cruise time" feels like FOREVER 🤣

Have a fabulous time!🍹

After the time it took to recover for jet lag, fourth of July, and school starting… this is definitely needed. Thanks for coming along. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

Subscribing. We will be on Celebration, doing a Southern Caribbean cruise next year, so looking forward to hearing about your experience. 🙂

I wish this was a southern itinerary! Glad to have you along. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jamman54 said:

Hey Megan! We're along for the ride! We enjoyed the Celebration and can't wait to sail on her again in January! 😎

I’ll try to keep her in one piece, so we can tear her down in January. 😆 thanks for being here!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Following as in the past, but this time I will be packing along with you, going out on Mardi Gras Saturday, (at least suppose to but just got email from Carnival saying Port Canaveral temporarily closed due to hurricane but “I” fully expect it to be open by Saturday), anyway will follow til we embark and then catch up when we get home. Have to say though that my pre-cruise days are not quite as entertaining as yours. Have a great cruise. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Following as in the past, but this time I will be packing along with you, going out on Mardi Gras Saturday, (at least suppose to but just got email from Carnival saying Port Canaveral temporarily closed due to hurricane but “I” fully expect it to be open by Saturday), anyway will follow til we embark and then catch up when we get home. Have to say though that my pre-cruise days are not quite as entertaining as yours. Have a great cruise. 

Thanks! And have so much fun! I saw the updated email from Carnival, but the weather channel just said that port Canaveral is reopening now. I’m sure you’ll have a great time… on time. 

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 3

This year, we’ve sailed: Valiant Lady, Celebrity Millennium, and Resilient Lady. I have to say, even though I didn’t miss buying internet or the cheers! package, but I am excited to be back on a Carnival ship. That embarkation day vibe is so much FUN! Everyone running around, seeing the ship and finding their way to whatever they are looking for.
Also, comedy! I’ve missed comedy. The comedians on this sailing are apparently TOP SECRET, but hopefully they will be good and the line will be short. 

• Like 14