LIVE… Carnival Celebration 9/3/23-9/9/23

MeganGC1983

On 9/9/2023 at 4:44 PM, lasvegascruising said:

Megan, I have heard stories of trouble on ships and now I truly believe it (I'm not one that searches out youtube videos of this kind of stuff).  I am leaving tomorrow morning for a 4 day on the Radiance.  I am glad you shared this with us because I will be more alert than I think I would have been.  I just can't wrap my head around how young people could do this to you.  I have really enjoyed all of your live reports and am going to miss you if you really never cruise Carnival again, but understandable for sure.  I followed your reporting for the Dec 22 Panorama because I was going on the same cruise.  I did come up and introduce myself to you when I spotted you at Red Frog.  You were very nice, don't change!

Yes! It was so great meeting you. Hope you had a fantastic time on the Radiance. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 8:26 PM, Lee Cruiser said:

For my wife and me it was not one of our favorites either.  I will probably do a review later, but there were several incidents on this cruise that just raised my stress level instead of being a relaxing vacation.  You may not have experienced this, but our started with the embarkation.  As we were going up from the Captains Lounge to board the ship, there was a line of people coming up the way that stretched way down the hallway.  We really didn't know what was going on, so all of us just merged in and headed on the gangway.  You would have thought we had just committed a robbery.  We were called all sorts of names.  My wife just pulled me aside and we let the ones that were the most vocal on by us.  I caught a glimpse of their boarding passes and it turned out that the FTTF folks were going at the same time as many of the platinum folks, even though he had announced that it would be diamond, suites, platinum, then FTTF.  So that problem was created by Carnival.  We had priority letter K, so they went before a lot of the platinum folks behind us.

I feel like the majority of this cruise was just rude, entitled folks… more than normal. I’m hoping Carnival can fix the problem. I’m thinking, honestly, it will have to be a pricing fix, but Carnival doesn’t pay me to analyze the demo. 

• Like 9

On 9/10/2023 at 6:33 PM, Hogladyrider said:

@MeganGC1983...hope you and DH arrived home with the kiddos safe and sound and you enjoyed some family time as well as football time today.

FYI I was watching some You Tube videos today of fellow vloggers who were sharing their unfortunate experiences on other Carnival ships recently.  Not that is helps any, but you are definitely not alone in what you experienced.  I was pretty shocked at what I heard some of these male vloggers stating what they experienced.

My personal opinion is that our society in in a backslide and there are way too many humans out there functioning with a sense of "entitlement" and forgetting how to behave.

I am glad you are home safe and sound and I know you are a hard dedicated worker, mom and wife.

Please do not let this experience discourage you from doing future Live Cruise Reports you can outdo the BEST of them.

Hey hey! Pretty sure IF it was the Midships, he mentioned me. Not by name, but we talked about what transpired before his video. 
Apparently, I know people. 😆😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 9/11/2023 at 10:00 AM, Knights on the Beach said:

Megan, thank you for posting your live review - I love following along on your cruises! We're on Celebration in December and hope we don't encounter any terrible teens like you did. 😞 On our last several cruises we've heard about such incidents but have been lucky to avoid experiencing them ourselves. We love Mardi Gras and are looking forward to Celebration, but are not looking forward to Miami. 

After the Celebration cruise, we have a B2B on Vista in April and just booked our first Celebrity cruise for 2025 since they will be coming to Port Canaveral. I saw you mentioned you were on Celebrity earlier this year - did you happen to do a review?

I did. I was on the Celebrity Millie for a reposition cruise from San Juan to Ft Lauderdale in April.   

• Like 2

On 9/10/2023 at 7:56 PM, Stallion said:

The girl biting her nails was Megan an Oklahoma fan when SMU made the score 14-11 with only  12 minutes left  in the 4th Quarter

The boy was me when OU proceeded to stomp on my little Pony heart by scoring 2 more touchdowns down the stretch

I mean, I don’t wanna brag… but it’s been a pretty good first two weeks for my teams. BOOMER & Go Bucs! 🏴‍☠️

• Like 3

On 9/12/2023 at 6:22 PM, Sunandslots said:

I just got off Venezia last week.  Evidently there were 3 fights during the week. I didn’t see them personally because I’m usually in my cabin by 10. What I did see at grand Turk at the pool was about 20 teenagers in the center of the pool screaming, pushing each other, and throwing each other around. Not a nice fun vibe at all.

I too am seriously going to look at other lines and I’m 2 days short of diamond but don’t think it’s worth it anymore. 

I currently have only 1 Carnival cruise on the books, January 2024 with the Tribe. Arias is finally headed back to the USA to join the Freedom and as much as I miss him, it’s hard for me, right now, to look to book with him. Sigh

• Like 4

On 9/15/2023 at 10:58 AM, Roscoe13 said:

I have it on good authority that she'll be back relatively soon to put a bow on this review.

She got called away to do a sample cruise out of Fort Wayne, Indiana...

So far she's not impressed...only one ititnerary and the ports suck!!

Thank you sir! You think cruise days fly by?! The last 10 days went by in a blink. I finally slept Sunday. It’s hard having 57 hats to wear. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I mean, I don’t wanna brag… but it’s been a pretty good first two weeks for my teams. BOOMER & Go Bucs! 🏴‍☠️

I’ve meant to ask before, are you from the Tampa Bay area? I’m from St. Pete and have been a Bucs fan since they became a team (when I was in elementary school 😊) I just don’t meet many Bucs fans that aren’t from the area. There were some hard years being a Bucs fan!

• Like 3

Just now, HxFx said:

I’ve meant to ask before, are you from the Tampa Bay area? I’m from St. Pete and have been a Bucs fan since they became a team (when I was in elementary school 😊) I just don’t meet many Bucs fans that aren’t from the area. There were some hard years being a Bucs fan!

I’m not lol being from Oklahoma, we default usually to the cowboys, but when I learned about football, I read “Bootlegger’s Boy” and watched film and really bought into the whole defense wins championships mentality. So obviously I loved Monte Kiffin. Also loved they drafted Lee Roy Selmon, albeit before my time, so I decided in 1996 to be a TAMPA Bay fan. I knew Monte from his Nebraska, Big 8 days. 

• Like 4

On 9/9/2023 at 9:28 PM, LatinaInTexas said:

I mentioned earlier I thought I had spotted you and after seeing this pic it was you. You were sitting at a table alone and I saw the red hair from behind and as I passed I saw big sunglasses. You had your head down and were on your phone so I wasn't sure. I told husband I will now be looking for that bright pink tank top lol. It was before St Jude started. I see from one of your pics while you were at tiki bar we were sitting across from you at the other end of the pool. Too far away and thru plexiglass glass so we are just blurs😁

You shoulda tracked me down! You know I was CC-ing. People probably think I live on my phone on cruises because of the live reviews.  😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Hey hey! Pretty sure IF it was the Midships, he mentioned me. Not by name, but we talked about what transpired before his video. 
Apparently, I know people. 😆😆

I saw that episode of his. I have to say I don't agree with him. He puts it all on the passengers when I firmly believe it is all on Carnival management. Even drunks restrain themselves when they know there will be consequences. Those too far drunk to do so are also too far drunk to do much of anything.

Midships, one person, saw all this. But you can bet Carnival didn't see anything. If they had security folks walking around each of them would have also seen things. And if they did their jobs they would do something about it. And word would get around and behavior would change. But Carnival doesn't have security walking around (other than the one week when they announced increased security) and when something is reported to them they work very hard to find a reason to do nothing (in our direct experience). So the word is anything goes on a Carnival ship and the behavior he saw, and you and my wife experienced, is a result.

Edited by icft
Spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Either way, my next scheduled cruise is the Tribe cruise back on the Celebration in January. This time, I’ll hide with Jamman and Roscoe or in the Havana area. 😉 Thanks to everyone that followed along! 

We got your back Megan! 😎

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I currently have only 1 Carnival cruise on the books, January 2024 with the Tribe. Arias is finally headed back to the USA to join the Freedom and as much as I miss him, it’s hard for me, right now, to look to book with him. Sigh

How long will his contract be on Freedom? We will be on her April 22, 2024

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PRCruiser10 said:

@MeganGC1983 I'm sorry to hear your cruise ended the way it did! We have a cruise planned in Nov. I noticed you flew from FLL to BNA. What time was your flight? I think we have the same flight but wanted to verify. Did you make in with plenty of time till flight or was it too close for comfort?

That was an 11am flight, I believe. In there somewhere. Had plenty of time… we self-debarked and have pre-check. I don’t normally advise flights before noon, but that was the only way to get back to OKC in a timely manner. Hope you have a fantastic cruise. 

• Like 1