New Itineraries for Explora 1

sasejm

2 minutes ago, Critically Cruising said:

Very much Eastern Mediterranean, followed by months of Persian Gulf.  In seven to nine day chunks.

Big change from the grand concept of "voyages".

Yes, and the change is not for me, will be looking elsewhere.

37 minutes ago, sasejm said:

Yes, and the change is not for me, will be looking elsewhere.

Agree completely

They are not "voyages" or "journeys"

More like a shuttle service.

I already rebooked on Regent

There is nothing luxurious about short itineraries.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

The alternative to my rebooked and then cancelled is Athens to Istanbul but only 7 days . Original was 8 and the replacement 10 so who knows what credit I’ll now get 

By the time they're done maybe you'll get a free cruise. Maybe more changes are on the way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sasejm said:

These new itineraries for Explora 1 from May 2024 through April 2025 may have already been posted, but in case they haven't, here are the itineraries:

Explora Journeys - Journey Planner EXPLORA I MAY 2024 - APRIL 2025 23082023.pdf 253.78 kB · 26 downloads

I don't know when Explora 2's new itineraries will be coming out.

There were posted before. But still I can not see this itineraries on the Explora web page.

Ivi

1 hour ago, bitob said:

I do not think I would sail on Explora even if it were free.

I agree, except I have a fully paid Explora 1 cruise for this November and don't want to pay penalties if I cancel. My Explora 2, February 2025 cruise will be canceled by Explora with a full refund, I assume. I will be looking at Silversea, Seabourn, RSSC, and maybe Crystal, although I'm still not happy losing money on the old Crystal Cruises.

Edited by sasejm

7 minutes ago, sasejm said:

I agree, except I have a fully paid Explora 1 cruise for this November and don't want to pay penalties if I cancel. My Explora 2, February 2025 cruise will be canceled by Explora with a full refund, I assume. I will be looking at Silversea, Seabourn, RSSC, and maybe Crystal, although I'm still not happy losing money on the old Crystal Cruises.

I lost a boatload with Crystal.  Old ships with small cabins, even with the refurb.   The bankruptcy gave us the opportunity to discover the other luxury lines and we're not going back.   Regent, SS and Seabourn work for us now.

I have friends on Explora 1 who would cancel too except their cruise is not cancelled and there would be a 45% penalty.

Edited by bitob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

What are they not liking / enjoying that would make them want to cancel ?

I resemble that.  The games that they are playing...   The promises and plans not kept.  Checkout the original brochures...

1) All day dining venue -- NOT

2) Pool side dining with a lighter fare-- NOT

3) Full in suite dining -- NOT restricted to In suite menu

4) Transfers for residence -- severe mile limited

5) Horrible liquor selection

We will make lemonade out of the lemons -- because it is a vacation..

Nothing is selling well  -- I have a site where I can see the cabins available and our cruise only 8 of the 26 residences are booked.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

I resemble that.  The games that they are playing...   The promises and plans not kept.  Checkout the original brochures...

1) All day dining venue -- NOT

2) Pool side dining with a lighter fare-- NOT

3) Full in suite dining -- NOT restricted to In suite menu

4) Transfers for residence -- severe mile limited

5) Horrible liquor selection

We will make lemonade out of the lemons -- because it is a vacation..

Nothing is selling well  -- I have a site where I can see the cabins available and our cruise only 8 of the 26 residences are booked.

Is there a way I can locate the "site" you are referring to so I can see what the passenger load is for my November cruise?

• Like 1

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to New Itineraries for Explora 1

Just a little possible reality check here. 

The vast majority of the comments on other media sites are overwhelmingly positive.  I get the problems (very real) relating to cancelled cruises and withheld reimbursement -- but the product currently being delivered is being praised by on board customers on websites other than this one. 

Anyway, I board on September 2.  So I will see for myself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, daleandrews said:

The vast majority of the comments on other media sites are overwhelmingly positive.  I get the problems (very real) relating to cancelled cruises and withheld reimbursement -- but the product currently being delivered is being praised by on board customers on websites other than this one. 

Please let us know…

1 hour ago, daleandrews said:

Cruise critic's distinctive is that the ones coming here are, mostly the "old cruising's brigade", those ones whom have started their cruise "career" some 30 years ago or more. I'm a relatively new one for the standards, late 40's, mostly cruised on mainstream MSC with 7 cruises with them, 1 RCI, several river cruises on smaller local EU operators... But I'm even an exception. This explains what is going here. It's sort of a "conservative" crowd here. I've no doubt they'll to do better within the newer generation cruisers, granted they settle cruises that actually sail, correctly marketed. They have a long journey away...

Sad to see those sample cruises out of Lisbon going, though, but life is what it is...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sasejm said:

Is there a way I can locate the "site" you are referring to so I can see what the passenger load is for my November cruise?

There is nothing magic.  Explora is making all available cabins available for booking -- so any good internet TA that allows an online booking will show the cabins available.  I cannot be specific since TA's cannot be mentioned on CC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

There is nothing magic.  Explora is making all available cabins available for booking -- so any good internet TA that allows an online booking will show the cabins available.  I cannot be specific since TA's cannot be mentioned on CC.

That's it. They're changing their mind because they have already had a far below expected bookings, maybe with many sailings still below the minimum needed to sail. They simply pissed out those clients, but they have a hidden chance: People whom still have a job to run here in Europe can only to book their holiday time by February to April next year. It is the usual business.

With a ship now on the Eastern Med / Middle East business, I hope that as an Italian line, at least they'll have some nice 7 night cruises from Genoa to Monaco and other southern Med itineraries, plus possibly Caribbean on winter for E2. No Lisbon, even though some 2 sailings around 10 nights devoted to Madeira and Azores would be an interesting niche nobody fills currently. Keep dreaming, but quite unlikely...

I have a simple question for posters and the EJ "suits."  Why should we believe that any future Explora itinerary is going to happen?  It seems like this line is willing to make major itinerary changes, on a whim, for some secret reason.  We have booked over 120 cruises in our cruise life, and with 1 exception (due to COVID) there were never any major changes.  EJ has already revamped more itineraries than we have seen on any cruise line in 50 years!  Why should any customer trust you?

Hank

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

I have a simple question for posters and the EJ "suits."  Why should we believe that any future Explora itinerary is going to happen?  It seems like this line is willing to make major itinerary changes, on a whim, for some secret reason.  We have booked over 120 cruises in our cruise life, and with 1 exception (due to COVID) there were never any major changes.  EJ has already revamped more itineraries than we have seen on any cruise line in 50 years!  Why should any customer trust you?

Hank

Spot on

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Decades ago in the computer industry, this was known as "vaporware".  Grand announcements of upcoming products that never materialized.

• Haha 1