Guarantee Suite

Nbud

Almost all suite gty bookings are assigned Junior Suites, especially since the advent of RoyalUp.  
When I book a suite gty, I am mentally prepared to be happy with the worst JS on the ship.  Anything in a better location than that is nice; I do not fantasize about other categories of suites.  Of course, when I say the “worst” one on the ship, I mean the worst one in the eyes of the person sailing; different people like/dislike different cabins.  I look at a deck plan to be sure I can accept any of the cabins for the price I am paying.

• Thanks 1

I've booked a Suite GTY a couple of times now. First time I was awarded a Grand Suite (this was in 2017, prior to Royal Up). This time, I was awarded a Jr. Suite but I also have a couple bids in for RoyalUp. I was able to see which room we were assigned via the barcode trick, however, on our set sail pass it only gives the deck number at the moment.

Edited by GetToLivin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nbud said:

the bar code trick.

Bar Code Trick

Method 1. If you have an Apple device, add your set sail pass to your Apple wallet. Numbers will now appear under your bar code. The numbers after the dash represent your cabin.

Method 2. Scan the bar code with a QR scanner from another device and that should also show you the numbers.

NOTE: If you see "GTY" instead of numbers, you truly haven't been assigned yet. One tip off is that if you don't see a muster station on your set sail pass then you almost definitely don't have an assignment yet.

• Like 2

Note: The bar code trick described above is employed within 45 days of your cruise(after you have checked in and have a set sail pass with a barcode).  So don’t look through your cruise stuff for a barcode until then😀

RoyalUp is a program that allows people to bid for cabin upgrades in the weeks before the cruise.  Not everyone is able to participate (for example, people who book with big box agency that C*****o cannot bid due to C’s policy).  As Royal can get money for upgrades with RoyalUp, there seems less chance a suite gty will get a free upgrade above JS.

• Like 1

We have several suite guarantees booked.  I fully expect to get a junior suite and I’m happy with that.  For one of them I saved over $1000.  Since none of the junior suites are in a horrible location, I’m happy to take a lower fare.

• Like 4

I haven't sailed on RCL since 2007 but back in 2004 I booked a Balcony Guarantee and ended up with an Owner's Suite.  A nice surprise!  

Looking into sailing on RCL again soon but doubt I'd get that lucky again.  (LOL)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sgttami said:

I haven't sailed on RCL since 2007 but back in 2004 I booked a Balcony Guarantee and ended up with an Owner's Suite.  A nice surprise!  

Looking into sailing on RCL again soon but doubt I'd get that lucky again.  (LOL)

I had a couple nice upgrades in the old days, too.  Reminiscing is fun, yet pre-RoyalUp experiences are likely not enlightened about the OP’s current booking with RoyalUp in effect.  

• Like 2

We no longer do Royal Up bids if we have booked a suite GTY.  We had a suite GTY on Anthem and ended up with a 2 bedroom GS.  We found out a couple of weeks prior to sailing.  We had already bid on a GS and OS by the time we got our cabin assignment.  I was able to cancel the bids.  We would have been very upset to win a Royal Up and pay additional for a cabin that was of lesser value than the one assigned.

• Like 2