Noise question on Vista

roberts2005

Yes.   When we were assigned that cabin, I immediately queried TA and someone at O about possible sounds. Everyone assured me that Vista being new, there would be no Noise from an adjacent cabin.   I was very embarrassed to get the call.  Tv was on pretty low.  Maybe 9pm...btw....right near the mid elevator...no noise at all from hallway 

We too are currently on Vista in a midship A2 stateroom (non-connecting) on deck 9.  We do experience some TV noise from an adjoining cabin whose occupants watch a lot of TV.  Fortunately, they go to bed fairly early, but do also rise on the early side.  We're not bothered enough yet to raise a stink.  As others have reported, noise in hallways is almost nonexistent, but no soundproofing between rooms and the placement of TVs lend themselves greatly to noise transmission between adjacent cabins.

Another noise issue, at least on this voyage, is the frequent screeching noise emanating from elevator doors opening and closing on all the decks.  This has eased a bit in recent days but still concerning as it suggests that all is not well with these devices.  Adding to this was the fact that for at least a 24-hour period (in advance of and during Killybegs, Ireland port call) two of four forward elevators were totally out of commission.

A bit off topic, but during our Killybegs port call, one of the bow hull doors (portside) was open during the entire port call and divers spent virtually the entire time we were in port under the hull near the port side of the bow.  Our departure was delayed three hours and we witnessed diver activity up until we departed.  Early on CD announcement attributed delay to need to complete "paperwork" before TA crossing.  Oceania "airlines" explanation hardly rings true based on what we witnessed firsthand.

As we were about to embark on the TA crossing, there was no concern about a potential delay in reaching our next port of call, but the axiom "honesty is the best policy" remains MIA from Oceania's customer service handbook.

Thanks for the warning; we have yet to take our first cruise on Vista, a TA from Miami to Lisbon.  We are in a PH1 by the back elevators, but no adjoining room.  Unfortunately, I do not like the new policy that includes $800 for Oceania’s excursions, so this may be a one, or none and done.  I will have to think long and hard on all of this, but cruise lines are a changing...and I do have a choice!  We usually book very quiet suites in the back corner of a ship, so never hear noises inside our suite.  I talked with my TA and he said Oceania is aware of these issues, and apologized for the noise issues, along with new rules that include extra money for excursions.  We only do private ones.

Edited by Lastdance