Final Account

david63

12 hours ago, david63 said:

I disembarked Sky at the end of May under the impression that I would be emailed a copy of my onboard account within 24 hours of disembarkation. As I had not received this I phoned some call centre somewhere in the world to ask for my final account and was told that it would take three weeks and sure enough within three weeks I received some incomprehensible printout of my account which I could not make any sense of and that is with having been an accountant in a previous life.

The main reason that I wanted a final account was because there was a large amount of credit owing to me which I naturally wanted back and the printout that I had from onboard was incorrect even though I was assured that there would be no problems.

Eventually I managed to contact somebody in guest relations who processed my refund.

Lo and behold I had an email this morning with my final account attached - three months after I disembarked!!!

Is this normal?

We disembarked Sky May 27 and just rec'd ours as well.😏

Maybe they should go back to the old way when they actually delivered your statement to your cabin the last night.

• Like 1

Since June, this has been my experience as well since my Princess cruise in June.  The final statement lags and isn't e-mailed until weeks/months from disembarkation.  If money is owed to Princess, however, the charge date on the credit card is the disembarkation date. 

On a side note, my June cruise was a B2B and upon checking my e-mail I was sent a final account statement on the 2nd day of the 2nd segment with the charges all the way up to the 1st day of the 2nd segment.  When I showed the e-mail and questioned Guest Services about this, they said "someone must be pressing the wrong buttons" and assured me that no charge had gone through, my folio would continue on the 2nd segment, and no onboard charges would be finalized and put through to the credit card until end of the 2nd segment.  In the end Guest Services explanation (or lack there of) panned out, and the folio charges were charged to my CC at the end of the 2nd segment.

Something is up with Princess' onboard accounting system.

I go to guest services for a hard copy on the last day of the cruise.  I also check my account on the phone daily.  I have had "not me" charges on my account and have had to have them corrected which they do at guest services when I report it.

Usually I get an email within 2-3 days a statement and it has always matched my copy that I got on board.  

9 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

I go to guest services for a hard copy on the last day of the cruise.  I also check my account on the phone daily.  I have had "not me" charges on my account and have had to have them corrected which they do at guest services when I report it.

Usually I get an email within 2-3 days a statement and it has always matched my copy that I got on board.  

back in the day - I got a 'final' about 10 pm on the last night - the slipped in copy of the 'final' under the door during the night had a bottle of wine that we did not purchase - Had to go to CS that morning - what a pita...

Disembarked yesterday, received the final statement today, early morning.

I’m in the UK & my credit card was on file with them. We checked our account daily on the cruise and though we had one issue with a charge that shouldn’t have been on there, we easily sorted it before we left the ship.

The don’t seem to have taken the correct amount of money though & they haven’t taken all owing. Yet anyway. Maybe they won’t notice. I live in hope 😂

@david63 we got our Caribbean Princess account summary on Saturday too, having also disembarked in May 2023. But for our Island Princess cruise that disembarked on 25 August, we got the statement the next day...

When I chased Customer Relations for a refund of refundable credits for the May cruise, I was advised that next time I should "cash out" before disembarking - they allow UK-based passengers to do this to avoid the whole refund process afterwards. Then on Island last month, we got a letter in our cabin advising we had refundable credits and we could cash out - so we did, no problem at all.