Is E3 a higher category than an E2 on Apex?

LidoBoy

We took the guarantee gamble.  We don't normally book guarantee reservations, but we decided to role the dice on this adventure.

The TA offer was an E2-Infinite Veranda GTY.  It's spelled out that way on the TA's booking information and the understanding is we will be assigned a cabin category of E2 or better - Infinite Veranda.  Well, last night I noticed in the app that the cabin has been assigned and it is 6169.  This is an E3 category.  The question for the group, is an E3 a better category than an E2?  I say No!  I will be calling the TA next week.

38 minutes ago, LidoBoy said:

It's spelled out that way on the TA's booking information and the understanding is we will be assigned a cabin category of E2 or better - Infinite Veranda. 

Absent actually being able to see the "booking information" and/or knowing the "understanding", I'd withhold judgement---except to say E3 might be marginally less expensive than E2, and it might not.  "Better" is somewhat subjective.

Edited by jwlane

7 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Absent actually being able to see the "booking information" and/or knowing the "understanding", I'd withhold judgement---except to say E3 would be marginally less expensive than E2.  "Better" is somewhat subjective.

I'll admit the error, I used the wrong term "better".  I should have said "higher".

>>>>>>>

Cabin Assignment: You are currently booked in a guarantee cabin. This means that the cruise line guarantees you will be berthed in at least the cabin category you purchased or higher. 

>>>>>>>

E2 is a 'higher' category than E3.

Digging into this further, 6169 is above The Club, which is host to the late night DJ dance club.  If I have an opportunity to correct this error by Celebrity, it's likely the new cabin will not be above a late night bass booming public space.

It has nothing to do with The Club---the corresponding starboard cabins above the Art Gallery corridor are same category.  (to my eye 6169 looks a little forward of The Club, but whatever---that double line is telling)

Again, looks like many E2 and E3 are priced the same.  Absent seeing the promise of an E2....

Would you be satisfied with 6177 4 doors down the hall?

The OPs link and my screen shot are both from Apex Deck Plans for sailings after April 21, 2023. 

The Edge Deck plans beginning with sailings on  April 16, 2023 also show the cabin as a E2.

Possibly this cabin was previously a E3 and reclassified in Apri 

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

The deck plan you linked. 6169 is bright orange which according to the legend is E2.  E3 are a pale orange/pink 

IMG_0815.thumb.jpeg.1ace1690254b0fe221699b739f74acd2.jpeg

Well, thanks for the input everyone.  I didn't expect this thread to turn into a discussion about how the Celebrity website is showing different content based on device or area of the world.  As an IT web developer I can understand that content can become out of sync by out dated content caching either on a user's browser or the syndication servers around the world. 

On the Celebrity web site, I looked at all four Edge class ships and 3 out of 4 show this cabin as an E3.  The Edge shows it as jalayne has included above.  Thanks jalayne for sharing the screen shot.

I have confirmed the TA's website has this cabin as an E3, which should get them to agree with this issue out of the gate. Fingers crossed.  This is what I get for trying to go cheap.

23 hours ago, LidoBoy said:

We took the guarantee gamble.  We don't normally book guarantee reservations, but we decided to role the dice on this adventure.

The TA offer was an E2-Infinite Veranda GTY.  It's spelled out that way on the TA's booking information and the understanding is we will be assigned a cabin category of E2 or better - Infinite Veranda.  Well, last night I noticed in the app that the cabin has been assigned and it is 6169.  This is an E3 category.  The question for the group, is an E3 a better category than an E2?  I say No!  I will be calling the TA next week.

Generally speaking, the lower the number the more desirable the cabin.  In the cruise lines view anyway.