DIY from a cruise ship to a beach St Kitts

Presto2

Help, we have never been on a Caribbean cruise before and feel like 'newbies' 

We would like to do some beach transfers as well as sight seeing.

Is this easy to do at this this port and if so, how.

Thanks

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Thanks

On CC there are numerous threads and posts for all Caribbean islands, regarding beaches, day passes, transfers, tours albeit private or shared experiences.

Just click on the island link and investigate.  There is a wealth of information at one’s fingertips 

Any subsequent questions can be answered with one posting on the thread.

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

On CC there are numerous threads and posts for all Caribbean islands, regarding beaches, day passes, transfers, tours albeit private or shared experiences.

Just click on the island link and investigate.  There is a wealth of information at one’s fingertips 

Any subsequent questions can be answered with one posting on the thread.

Thanks I started one but I haven't got the info re beach transfers for the ones I've asked about. If that makes sense. Almost all planned and sorted now other than 2 ports.

On 9/3/2023 at 7:42 AM, Presto2 said:

Thanks I started one but I haven't got the info re beach transfers for the ones I've asked about. If that makes sense. Almost all planned and sorted now other than 2 ports.

One of the easier things to do for a DIY beach day on St Kitts is to purchase a day pass at either the Marriott or the Park Hyatt. The Marriott is a bit closer to the pier and generally is less expensive. The Park Hyatt is a bit further but is smaller and more upscale (and more expensive). 

You can also get day use rooms at either resort, based on availability, and can be nice if you want to shower/change etc but will cost more than the day passes. 

• Thanks 1

Or, take a beach break to Nevis with Blue Water https://bluewatersafaris.com/tour/nevis-beach-getaway/

Probably take one to the beach bar called Lime, with chairs and shade, sometimes a free rum punch.

But, just short walk down the beach is “Sunshires”.  Sit at the bar, sip a few “Killer Bees”.  Which is  deceptive rum punch, thinking this is very easy drinking, let’s have another one, repeat and repeat.

Then after a few Killers, one opens one’s eyes and say to oneself “Why am I sitting in the back of a Police Van?”

Sunshine has a bottles of this famous brew for a takeaway.

Also, T’erd free…

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2023 at 2:22 PM, Presto2 said:

Thanks

Always independent tour guides waiting at the pier, and taxi's readily available. Confirm the rate before accepting the ride. Have US Currency, smaller bills as they do not always have the ability to make change.   Resortforaday dot com offers a nice Beach Day Pass to the St. Kitts Marriott for $59.00 which is perfect for escaping the crowds and enjoying nice beautiful clean beach.    You could have local tour guide show you around to the sites then end the tour at the Marriott for relaxing afternoon on the beach.    Marriott Bellman will assist you in getting taxi back to the ship, it's a quick 10 minute ride back.   Whatever you decide to do, hope you have an amazing cruise and great time on the islands! 

• Thanks 1

This is another recommendation for the St. Kitts Marriott day pass. 

You want a REAL BEACH this is it. It's magnificent. The property and grounds are premium. Awesome pool and swim up bar, excellent food and drinks. Makes for one helluva bar tab, but SO WORTH IT. 

If you have a small group I highly recommend a day room. Take a change of clothes, spend all day on the beach go back to your room shower change clothes and head back to the ship.

If you purchase a day room you can take a bottle of your favorite sauce and mix your own drinks. I didn't do that but someone from our CC group did, it was nice having a drink in our room just to get out of the sun for a minute. 

Here's the only catch. 

When you walk in the Marriott the concierge desk is on your left. 

I want a BIG SMILE 😊, big credit card and blinged out doesn't hurt a thing either. No bling BIGGER 😊 SMILE 😀😁

Get in the elevator hit THE BEACH button and the party starts. 

This is a winner every time.

On 9/22/2023 at 1:39 PM, TTEllis said:

You want a REAL BEACH this is it. It's magnificent.

It is a real beach but only exists because of the manmade breakwaters that are just off shore. Frigate Bay is fine but calling it magnificent is a bit of a stretch. We've also had times there that the seaweed was so bad that you couldn't get in the water so worth keeping in mind. Of course thats why having access to the resort's pools comes in handy. 

I'm not disputing that it is nice, it is, but lets not oversell it with magnificent. If you want a magnificent beach take the ferry over to Nevis and visit Pinney's or head to Cockelshell Beach a bit further on St Kitts where the Park Hyatt is at. 

Your exactly right, but compared to the washtub a mile away So. Frigate Bay and Carambola Beach Barf, it's absolutely magnificent. 

I've been to all those beaches before we were talking about St. Kitts not Nevis. 

Cockleshell been there done that. I'd take the Marriott anyday and do over Cockleshell.

The "manmade breakers"(50 ton boulders)make it NOT A REAL BEACH. They're manmade 😳, the REAL BEACH is a walk north about 200 yards where there are no "manmade breakers"🤭. That's a real beach. 

Palm Court Gardens(no beach and this place puts the Park Hyatt to shame) as far as vibe and atmosphere go. 

I do day passes on cruise ship visits I've never read a positive review on the Park Hyatt. It doesn't matter anyway I wouldn't go there if Mr.and Mrs.Hyatt gave me the hotel.

Have fun at Cockleshell and the Park Hyatt with nobody else. I'll stick with the Marriott, the manmade real beach.😳🫤😳, my own waitress and masseuse. 

The sargassum last two times I was there was evident but not a problem. 

No saragassum on Cockleshell though? Now now now, it's the same beach c'mon. Your fibbing. It's me Todd now. 

The only difference between Cockleshell and the manmade real beach at the Marriott😂, every morning the saragassum on the beach at the Marriott is raked away by a sled on the end of a tractor. 

Cockleshell I don't care and don't want to know. 

Have a great time on your vacation, at Cockleshell with all the sargassum, and nobody else!! Sounds like a time.