Thermal Suite Weekly Pass, Radiance class

ccotting

Hello all:

It's been a while since we were on RCI and I was looking forward to booking a week pass for the thermal suite but when I went to book online the system required I book a specific time.  We always enjoyed wandering in and out as the day fell out.  Do you now have to book? Same time every day? How much in advance?  I understand that this might have applied at the height of COVID but is this now required still?  I tried phoning in and the contact also wanted a time for purchase of a pass.

Additional question just looking at the updated D+ benefits page someone else posted, does the 20% off spa treatment benefit apply for purchase of a week pass? 

2 hours ago, ccotting said:

Hello all:

It's been a while since we were on RCI and I was looking forward to booking a week pass for the thermal suite but when I went to book online the system required I book a specific time.  We always enjoyed wandering in and out as the day fell out.  Do you now have to book? Same time every day? How much in advance?  I understand that this might have applied at the height of COVID but is this now required still?  I tried phoning in and the contact also wanted a time for purchase of a pass.

Additional question just looking at the updated D+ benefits page someone else posted, does the 20% off spa treatment benefit apply for purchase of a week pass? 

Ditto. I didn’t book because it was asking me for a specific slot and for only 15 minutes session long and to apply that decision for throughout our cruise. Well that is just pants on all aspects. So this is not happening for me. But I would have booked if it was like Celeb - Ie for the period of the Cruise as and when. And as like yourself, I feel the whole point of this is to be able to just pop in as and when and relax? I just Don’t get this proposition? But at least they have the separate sauna etc that is free on Radiance, which is where I will now be - as and when! Sorry RCL you have actually lost it there.

Had the weekly pass on Radiance in May 2023. The time slot was irrelevant so I just picked a before dinner slot to purchase the pass. Just came and went as I wished for the week.  Enjoyed it for the northbound Alaska sailing.  Booked ahead of time through cruise planner which does not allow the diamond plus discount. Turns out if I had waited until on board I would have saved some $. Don’t know if that’s always the case…it was my first purchase of the thermal suite pass so I just wanted to plan ahead. 

• Like 3

Just an FYI, we have done the thermal suite anytime we've been on an Oasis-class ship. The timeslot is just a formality, I've never actually shown up for the time we placed. I don't really know why their system makes you do it in the first place. From there on out, we just showed up when we wanted to use it, and were never turned away due to lack of appt. So in our experience, no, the time slots mean nothing and they certainly don't police a 15-minute max on time in the thermal suite. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

What does the thermal suite consist of on this class.  I have a B2B on Jewel in Oct/Nov.

I have been to thermal suites on Celebrity. I love the heated loungers. I am not much on the sauna.

There is a sauna, steam, aroma therapy room, showers, heated tile beds (about 6 if I remember correctly).  I like the steam room which has a long tiled bench and big windows to look out at sea.  The aroma room is hit or miss depending on whether the staff keep up the essential oil.  It functions as a cooling off room from your sauna or steam.  Usually eucalyptus oil scent.  It can be busy so I understand the point about crowd control but we tend to use it in conjunction with the inside pool going back and forth and so are not interested in being tied down to  a single session on any specific day.

• Thanks 1

I want to buy the thermal suite pass on my upcoming Jewel sailing but I've never seen it available in the cruise planner. I've done it on Radiance. I know they pale in comparison to the thermal suites on other lines but it's a nice little extra for me. I will check as soon as I board and see if they are offering it.

19 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

I want to buy the thermal suite pass on my upcoming Jewel sailing but I've never seen it available in the cruise planner. I've done it on Radiance. I know they pale in comparison to the thermal suites on other lines but it's a nice little extra for me. I will check as soon as I board and see if they are offering it.

I did not see it either on my Jewel planner.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Radiance right now.  Bought the thermal spa package for the sauna for hubbie but 3 of the five heated chairs are cold.  The spa woman said they need maintenance and they aren't as warm as the other two.  Like I said cold! And they've had 2 weeks in port.  You'd think they would have them fixed 

3 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

On Brilliance last December they had a steam room and dry sauna in the locker room that was available free of charge.  Does Radiance have that as well?

They do have free saunas attached to the locker room but those are male female specific and we wanted to go together.  

I'm sure the problem with the broken chairs is they have to remove all the tile to get inside to fix the hearing elements.  I didn't see access panels anywhere.  Really bad planning

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cmspacca said:

They do have free saunas attached to the locker room but those are male female specific and we wanted to go together.  

I'm sure the problem with the broken chairs is they have to remove all the tile to get inside to fix the hearing elements.  I didn't see access panels anywhere.  Really bad planning

Thank you!

On Brilliance 2 chairs were really warm, 3 chairs were just lukewarm( maybe it was 2 chairs lukewarm) and one was cold.

The thermal pass for the week was $109 for one person and $199 for a couple plus 18% gratuity.

Edited by frank808