The MIX - Emerald Princess

Guardsy

4 minutes ago, Guardsy said:

Would I be correct in guessing that The MIX is a bar on the Lido Deck?  Assuming so, but cannot find a list of the bars onboard to confirm it.

It's on the deck plan for Emerald.  Yes, that is the deck.  Not sure if you have used these before, but all deck layouts for all ships are on Princess.com.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

It's on the deck plan for Emerald.  Yes, that is the deck.  Not sure if you have used these before, but all deck layouts for all ships are on Princess.com.

I follow deck plans without an issue.  But, there is not an explanation of what "The MIX" is.

8 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

IMG_4638.thumb.PNG.a97a045a06c7d2348becc03f5c748499.PNG

This is "Princess funny"!  They show a picture of a bar, but the description is one for the Salty Dog food counter.  Ah, heck, I'll just be surprised!  If Steelers36 is correct, and I bet he is, its a bar.  A win for me!

• Haha 1

It is a bar. It was originally named Mermaid's Tail Bar. Was renamed at some point during a dry dock. Its main function is to prepare drinks for waiters that serve the Lido Pool area. Most days it opens mid morning and closes mid evening, pool hours. Remains open if there is a deck party. You can sit there, but the stools are not comfortable, and do not move from stationary positions. It isn't used by passengers very much as a traditional sit around bar. Many passengers that use the Lido Pool area just walk up to the bar, get their drink(s) and then return to their lounge chairs or tables.

The other Lido Pool area bar is the Calypso Bar adjacent to the Calypso pool and just below MUTS. This bar opens early in the morning for those that wish to order a breakfast drink from the buffet waiters. It remains open during the showing of the MUTS movies. Like The Mix it really isn't a comfortable sit around bar. If the OP is thinking about a group for a bar crawl I believe that passengers watching MUTS would not be happy with them if they show up in the evening.