Enchanted - Princess Plus drink package logistics

MKAH

My wife and I will be taking our third Princess cruise soon.  "Grand Western Mediterranean – Enchanted Princess ® sets sail on Saturday, October 21, 2023"

We have the Princess Plus drink package and I do not see an answer to this question in the forums.

Lets say my wife and I are lounging at the pool, or in a hot tub.   We decide to order a few drinks (Margarita and a Draft Beer usually) and maybe something to eat. 

My wife's phone with the princess APP, is in the cabin, but I have mine with me to place the order.

#1) Am I able to use the APP to place a delivery order for food and drinks for both of us, as long as we both have our Medallions with us?  

#2) Same scenario, but if I walk up to a bar by myself (using my Medalion) to get a drink for my wife and I (2 drinks) while she is at the pool or hot tub?

Thanks in advance,

From our past experience they like to charge 2 drinks to one account even if you tell them to charge one to each account.

That doesn't become a problem until you hit 15 drinks on that account and they start billing you for the additional. This then requires you to go to the PSD to have the charge removed each time. 

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

From our past experience they like to charge 2 drinks to one account even if you tell them to charge one to each account.

That doesn't become a problem until you hit 15 drinks on that account and they start billing you for the additional. This then requires you to go to the PSD to have the charge removed each time. 

Our experience too - check you account daily to correct mistakes as they occur, we try to take turns ordering drinks but when two double wines at vines are billed to one account it does make going over the limit a possibility. Usually looking at our accounts I end up looking like a lush and DH a teetotaler, only one of these is actually the case!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If you are sitting in the hot tub you can also just call over a waiter. I don't think you would want your phone in or near the hot tub. Same with your medallion although I understand that the medallion is not affected by water.

Make note of post #4. Both drinks could be and probably will be charged to one of the accounts. You may have to keep track yourself if one of you closes in on 15 drink limit. You can determine how many drinks were charged to your accounts by asking at a bar. I'm not certain if that is shown in the app.

40 minutes ago, skynight said:

I'm not certain if that is shown in the app.

If memory serves me correctly, and no guarantee that it does, I'm pretty sure it does show in the app but I remember really having to dig deep to find out where and I remember thinking at the time they sure don't make it easy for you to look the information up.  I "think" it was in an area that didn't make sense but sort of made sense like maybe the area where you order food/drinks to be delivered?

19 minutes ago, BabySarge said:

If memory serves me correctly, and no guarantee that it does, I'm pretty sure it does show in the app but I remember really having to dig deep to find out where and I remember thinking at the time they sure don't make it easy for you to look the information up.

Of course they wouldn't want people to see how much they're spending- they might cut back. 😜

They make it a inconvenient as possible to keep people from knowing their tab.

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

E have never encountered that. They always put one drink on each account. If they put all on one someone would be over the limit by the end of dinner

2 hours ago, BabySarge said:

If memory serves me correctly, and no guarantee that it does, I'm pretty sure it does show in the app but I remember really having to dig deep to find out where and I remember thinking at the time they sure don't make it easy for you to look the information up.  I "think" it was in an area that didn't make sense but sort of made sense like maybe the area where you order food/drinks to be delivered?

It used to be in an obscure place on the app, but now if you select Packages it will show all of your allotments, and how many you have used.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, memoak said:

E have never encountered that. They always put one drink on each account. If they put all on one someone would be over the limit by the end of dinner

It must have happened at least 6 times on out last cruise.

No worries for the next cruise as we'll not have any package. 

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It must have happened at least 6 times on out last cruise.

No worries for the next cruise as we'll not have any package. 

Last 5 cruises no issues   We will see what happens later this month on the Crown. We could not get by without the plus 

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Funny you mention that. We have friends that drinks heavily, but we do not.  My wife and I couldn't possibly consume 15 drinks between us and still find our way back to the room.  Maybe 6 between us, over the course of the entire day,   LOL