The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday September 4th, 2023

richwmn

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Debbie, I think about River often and have been wondering about the situation she is in. I will never forget sitting on those steps at the Hotel Frontenac last October talking about her while we waited for our transfer to the ship. I’m sure being a strong presence in her life will help tremendously. 

I remember that conversation on the steps of the Frontenac.  Two kindred souls discussing concerns for children in their lives.  We tell River often that she can tell us anything and she's welcome at any time.  

9 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, the situation River and her siblings are in with their mother is so sad.  She is very lucky to have you, Sue, and her other grandmother in her life and looking out for her.  Unfortunately, the sad fact is that many parents do not have the best interests of their children in their hearts.  I hope there is something that can be done for River and her siblings.  In the mean time bless all of you for giving River a safe place to be.

I think River's mom has too many emotional problems to deal with along with plain old immaturity.  She has no idea about child development and expects them to act like little adults.   

8 hours ago, bennybear said:

@dfish bless you, such a sad situation, but having an reliable adult can really help a young one! 

We will be here for her as much as we can be.  

Thank you all for your concern and understanding.  I hate to air dirty laundry, but I had to get that off my chest.  

• Like 16

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sharon @Sharon in AZ I'm sorry you couldn't find the June 6, 2022 Daily link in my post yesterday.  I'm very sure I copied it and pasted but I see this morning it isn't there at all.  No one said a word and I didn't look back to double check.  It couldn't have just disappeared could it?  Well anyway, here it is today in case someone wants it. 

I looked through and see you didn't post Sitka photos that day because you were in Italy on Oosterdam.  You did have photos from Italy though.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thank you Sandi. I ended up just looking for my most recent pictures and it turned out I didn’t have very many. Thank you for taking the time each day to post these links, I have such difficulty doing searches on CC, but I use my phone 99% of the time to post so that might be why. Weird, but I find it easier to post with my phone than my iPad. I use the desktop if I’m searching for pictures on the hard drive. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

We were in Sitka September 1, 2021 on the Nieuw Amsterdam on one of the first sailings after the shutdown.  We took a food tour that we didn’t really care for, mostly because we didn’t go restaurant to restaurant like we were supposed to but instead we were in a cramped storefront and the guide had all the food brought in. It was too long for us and the guide was rather scattered trying to coordinate it all. I’m sure it’s changed since then though. Here are some random pictures. 

C8580032-C230-4AFC-8F1E-48058AD9BD05.thumb.jpeg.3f97d91ce4cfdadcac03d9d23254b9eb.jpeg

72629DFD-8CC7-4F27-AD42-56A4693C5151.thumb.jpeg.787ba3d4c7da75d3bade14f83893572c.jpeg

4C544444-8D1E-46F3-B58E-CBA6DCD87E8C.thumb.jpeg.3b3dfa5d39e8898965cb44f4f117198d.jpeg

Nice collection of Sitka photos Sharon.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your condolences which I will pass on to our Sarah.

Previously the most multiquotes I have done in one quote  on the daily is 15  and on Royal Caribbean 20 multiquotes and 12 multiquotes in one quote on P&O daily.

Oh I didn’t realize as there were five posts in a row.   I really appreciate the ease of reading with the combined quotes. 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely collection of photos Sandi.

Nice photos Vanessa.

Prayers 🙏 for the high school quarterback who had the brain bleed and collapsed lung.

I hope he recovers completely.

+1.

Interesting photos Lenda.

Good evening.

It is still 68°F and humid here at 22.05pm.

I did a couple of sales calls and drove over 100 miles so I am late catching up today.

As a sales representative I always have to be polite with good manners.

Just heard from our Sarah that one of her friends BIL has just died after fighting a brain tumour for several years.

40 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Oh I didn’t realize as there were five posts in a row.   I really appreciate the ease of reading with the combined quotes. 

All 5 posts were totally unrelated.

I had been working yesterday and drove 125 miles so just catching up later.

I multiquoted the condolences messages this morning.

Kindest regards.

Graham x 

IMG_20230610_185251.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3