Transportation and tour from Sydney airport to hotel.

10 hours ago, travelerdi58 said:

I am looking for a company who will pick up at the airport then do a city tour with drop off at our hotel. I have done this in multiple cities but can't find any recommendations on here. 

TIA

I don’t believe there is such a service but I’m sure a taxi would be willing to do something and run the tab up.

After your long flight I think you will be more interested in a tour of your bed .

• Like 2

I am not sure if it is possible for you to do this in reverse. Several of the cruise lines offer a similar disembark tour - City, Harbour, Bondi Beach on the way to dropping you at the airport.

Princess currently has a 4hr tour for $AU70

33 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am not sure if it is possible for you to do this in reverse. Several of the cruise lines offer a similar disembark tour - City, Harbour, Bondi Beach on the way to dropping you at the airport.

Princess currently has a 4hr tour for $AU70

I don't believe a disembarkation tour could work in reverse. With the disembarkation tour, everyone disembarks from the ship at the same time, do the tour and are dropped at the airport. However, it wouldn't work in reverse because people arrive on flights over a period of several hours.

For the OP, I feel it would be better if they go to their hotel by taxi and take a sightseeing tour from there. This could be pre-booked through Viator or a local tour operator. If they arrive earlier than the usual check-in time, the hotel would most likely allow them to store their luggage in a secure room until they come back from their tour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't believe a disembarkation tour could work in reverse. With the disembarkation tour, everyone disembarks from the ship at the same time, do the tour and are dropped at the airport. However, it wouldn't work in reverse because people arrive on flights over a period of several hours.

For the OP, I feel it would be better if they go to their hotel by taxi and take a sightseeing tour from there. This could be pre-booked through Viator or a local tour operator. If they arrive earlier than the usual check-in time, the hotel would most likely allow them to store their luggage in a secure room until they come back from their tour.

Correct, the cruise lines don't do an embark tour. I was was suggesting to the OP they could consider doing the tour in a reverse order - doing it when returning to the airport after their cruise vs doing it between airport & hotel pre-cruise. If they are returning to the airport to fly home straight from the cruise, it pretty much kills two birds with one stone, making it a cheap & convenient alternative.

Just now, arxcards said:

Correct, the cruise lines don't do an embark tour. I was was suggesting to the OP they could consider doing the tour in a reverse order - doing it when returning to the airport after their cruise vs doing it between airport & hotel pre-cruise. If they are returning to the airport to fly home straight from the cruise, it pretty much kills two birds with one stone, making it a cheap & convenient alternative.

Good suggestion. Sorry I didn't understand what you meant in the previous post. 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It seems to me that a tour is available as advertised on Viatour,

BTW, the OP has never mentioned getting on a cruise or off one but doing a tour as part of a transfer from the airport to the hotel.

BTW, read that. Also read another topic that has the OP cruising here in Feb.

• Like 1