How to find out if WC segment becomes available?

Eli_6

I found a 36-day WC segment going from Sydney to Rome in summer 2025 that had a couple of rooms available.  I took a couple of weeks to research the internet and talk my husband and kids into it.  (Husband will have to work from on board, but the Crown Princess has star link.)  I finally got every one on board, go to book it and now it is showing sold out!  There was literally availability less than a week ago.  Is there a way to get on an email list to find out if availability comes open?  (In other words, other than checking the website every day...)

I DM'd princess cruise rep on the Princess website and that was pointless.  No help.  After 20 minutes, they just told me the cruise was full. 

4 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I found a 36-day WC segment going from Sydney to Rome in summer 2025 that had a couple of rooms available.  I took a couple of weeks to research the internet and talk my husband and kids into it.  (Husband will have to work from on board, but the Crown Princess has star link.)  I finally got every one on board, go to book it and now it is showing sold out!  There was literally availability less than a week ago.  Is there a way to get on an email list to find out if availability comes open?  (In other words, other than checking the website every day...)

I DM'd princess cruise rep on the Princess website and that was pointless.  No help.  After 20 minutes, they just told me the cruise was full. 

FWIW, there's also a World Cruise segment from Sydney to Dubai, and then Dubai to Rome on Island Princess in February-April 2025.  That might not work for your schedules, but as of mid-August, there was space available, at least on the Dubai-Rome leg that I've booked (3/14/25-4/11/25).

• Like 1

I learned this lesson several years ago. I believe in the following policy: If you find something you think you want and it is available with a refundable deposit, book it and then do the research later. If it doesn't have a refundable deposit, you can still usually put it on hold for three days with no deposit. Just because something is available now doesn't mean it will be available tomorrow - or even an hour from now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

I learned this lesson several years ago. I believe in the following policy: If you find something you think you want and it is available with a refundable deposit, book it and then do the research later. If it doesn't have a refundable deposit, you can still usually put it on hold for three days with no deposit. Just because something is available now doesn't mean it will be available tomorrow - or even an hour from now.

You hit the nail on the head.  Several years ago I was watching a particular cruise that was waitlisted.  I woke up one morning and checked  and it was available to book immediately with no waitlist - and it was about half the cost of what it had been. I booked it online immediately.  Within a few hours it was back waitlisted and the price was back up.  I figure it was the fault of the IT department doing one of their upgrades.  That time the little guy won.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

Here's what I would do. Launch the below link to the itinerary, which I believe is the one you're talking about, and save it to your favorites. Then every morning click on it. When any cabins become available, you'll know it.

Cruise Details - 36-Day World Cruise Segment - Sydney to Rome (Civitavecchia) - Princess Cruises

BTW we have 19 cruises booked through 2025, and that's how I monitor their applicable fares every day just in case any of them go down enough for us to want to refare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Currently, on the website, it doesn’t say sold out, just

“not available.”  They may just be working on the cruise.

So, if you have a TA, I’d call them tmrw and ask if they would check with PCL and see if cabins are available for you.

Or, if you have a CVP, call them.  Sometimes they hold back some cabins, that we don’t see in the inventory.  If you need a CVP, call and ask for one to help.  
Princess CVP line 

(800) 901-1172.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DCThunder said:

FWIW, there's also a World Cruise segment from Sydney to Dubai, and then Dubai to Rome on Island Princess in February-April 2025.  That might not work for your schedules, but as of mid-August, there was space available, at least on the Dubai-Rome leg that I've booked (3/14/25-4/11/25).

Unfortunately, my kids are in school then. I was looking for something during the summer.