Wi-Fi

Newcruiser2024

9 minutes ago, Newcruiser2024 said:

I'm looking to purchase wi-fi for our March 3rd cruise. I understand that I must purchase premium wi-fi. If both my husband and myself want wi-fi, should we buy wi-fi for 2 devices or should we each it purchase it for one device?

1 minute ago, jwlane said:

Personally, we purchase 1 plan and share it between our devices---one at a time.

I would do as @jwlane suggests, but if you both need to use it at the same time, then the 2 device plan is marginally cheaper than each getting your own.

• Like 1

Thanks for asking.   I was trying to determine if that flash sale (at $15/day for my upcoming trip) is a good bargain or if I should hold out to buy on board.   It sounds like that's a good price to get now if I know I'm going to need it?

8 hours ago, saffy12 said:

Thanks for asking.   I was trying to determine if that flash sale (at $15/day for my upcoming trip) is a good bargain or if I should hold out to buy on board.   It sounds like that's a good price to get now if I know I'm going to need it?

I would buy now.   If the rate is lower than you CC discounted rate you are in great shape.    I've never seen it offered on the ship at less than full price with the CC discount already applied within the app.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, saffy12 said:

I'm curious as to whether I should purchase the "sale price" also.  I am Diamond Plus on RCCL and get two free days of internet, which I'm assuming Celebrity also recognizes.  I've heard that if you purchase ahead of time that you don't get those free days.  Some have said that you purchase it and then go to Customer Service and HOPE they can help you.  Perhaps if you get a sale then you don't get the free days.   Does anyone know?

2 hours ago, Reijo said:

I'm curious as to whether I should purchase the "sale price" also.  I am Diamond Plus on RCCL and get two free days of internet, which I'm assuming Celebrity also recognizes.  I've heard that if you purchase ahead of time that you don't get those free days.  Some have said that you purchase it and then go to Customer Service and HOPE they can help you.  Perhaps if you get a sale then you don't get the free days.   Does anyone know?

Diamond + will equate to Elite, so you will get 90 Minutes of free internet, not 2 days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RTShaker said:

Diamond + will equate to Elite, so you will get 90 Minutes of free internet, not 2 days.

Thanks for your response.  I just read information comparing RCCL/Celebrity from a passenger that was on Celebrity a few months ago.  "Unlike Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises provides a percentage discount on Wi-Fi packages; sadly, high-speed internet is more expensive at $35 each day. As Elite members, we received a 30% discount on our Internet package, which I purchased on the first day. "

On 9/4/2023 at 9:01 PM, Hobbsey said:

Now!  There is a flash Sale about to expire. 

I ended up purchasing 2 at the sale price of $3.99pp/per day for myself.  Now I am thinking as I can only use on device at a time perhaps I only needed to pay for one upgrade to premium??

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would buy now.   If the rate is lower than you CC discounted rate you are in great shape.    I've never seen it offered on the ship at less than full price with the CC discount already applied within the app.

Remember, buy now and you can cancel and receive a refund up until a few days before the sales date.  That way, during the next flash sale if the wifi (or tours, slot tournament, etc) is cheaper than this flash sale, you simply cancel the existing order and re-buy at the cheaper price

On 9/5/2023 at 10:15 PM, Linda W. said:

I ended up purchasing 2 at the sale price of $3.99pp/per day for myself.  Now I am thinking as I can only use on device at a time perhaps I only needed to pay for one upgrade to premium??

If you have a one device plan, only need to get one upgrade.  Unlike dining or shore excursion purchases, cruise planner does not tell you that you have already purchased this.  Happened to me.  Did not realize I had already purchased the upgrade so did it again.  Looking at my purchase history, I saw this and cancelled one.