Sabatini’s or Bistro Sur La Mer?

kasowell2

We didn't like the BSL location!  We were placed next to where the waiters hung out,

and people keep walking thru BSL on their way to somewhere else.  Like a shortcut thru it.

Felt like we were eating at the Mall.

The food was ok, but we had No ambiance, and noisey.

Enjoyed Sabatinis much more.

We really enjoyed Le Mur.  Some criticize the location, but we were seated a bit closer to the windows and it was perfect.  The menu offered unique dishes for us.  And they weren't so unique that one needed a finer palate to enjoy them.

I'd go again... especially since they MAY be going away and Sabatinis is likely here to stay.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 9:52 AM, kstrittm said:

I just sailed on Discovery, and we ate at Bistro Sur La Mer one night.  The service was extremely slow

It's probably just me, but when I'm on a cruise speed of service is not my first concern. I'm there to relax and enjoy the experience.* I found Bistro Sur La Mer to be a very good experience and am disappointed that it is being eliminated. Then again, I said the same thing about Share. Mrs. OS was disappointed with the way they prepared the escargot. Mostly because she likes it covered in butter and garlic like they do in the MDR. But beyond that, we found the food at BSLM to be very good and also thought the location near the piazza made it feel like an alfresco French dining experience

*The one exception to this is when we are sharing a table (which we frequently do in the MDR) and one of our co-diners is kind of a pain to be around. But you take your chances and sometimes it doesn't work out.

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2023 at 10:13 PM, kasowell2 said:

Those that have sailed which restaurant would you recommend. I’ve got a reservation next eeek already made for Bistro Sur La Mer but am having second thoughts. Which one did you like and why?

Both! But maybe Sabitinis a bit more!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 7:55 PM, OccasionalSanta said:

It's probably just me, but when I'm on a cruise speed of service is not my first concern. I'm there to relax and enjoy the experience.* I found Bistro Sur La Mer to be a very good experience and am disappointed that it is being eliminated. Then again, I said the same thing about Share. Mrs. OS was disappointed with the way they prepared the escargot. Mostly because she likes it covered in butter and garlic like they do in the MDR. But beyond that, we found the food at BSLM to be very good and also thought the location near the piazza made it feel like an alfresco French dining experience

*The one exception to this is when we are sharing a table (which we frequently do in the MDR) and one of our co-diners is kind of a pain to be around. But you take your chances and sometimes it doesn't work out.

You are able to ask for the traditional Escargot rather than their version.  We did it a few times dining at BSLM.

On 9/14/2023 at 7:55 PM, OccasionalSanta said:

On 9/5/2023 at 12:52 PM, kstrittm said:

I just sailed on Discovery, and we ate at Bistro Sur La Mer one night.  The service was extremely slow

It's probably just me, but when I'm on a cruise speed of service is not my

We waited 90 minutes for our food to arrive when we ate there last winter. I was far too hungry to enjoy anything about the experience. I assume it was a staffing issue since 3/4 of the tables were empty. We even ended up getting our own drinks at Bellini’s since servers were never around. I love a leisurely meal but the service shouldn’t be slow, just well- paced