Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I think it is because Cunard is using less high caloric sauces to enhance the flavor of lower quality ingredients. 

This.  I was on QM2 on the 9/22-9/29 TA and I overindulged on both food and drink.   As of 10/11 my weight was back to pre-cruise. There is a lot to be said for high quality base ingredients.  As Americans we'd be much healthier if we were more stringent on food production and safety.

• Like 12

Another who just bing read your post up to now.  Thanks to @Host Hattie for posting a link on the Cunard forum.     I've never sailed Cunard before and finding the folks there really friendly and have been helpful in answering all of "dumb" questions. 

Loving all the pictures of the food and menus.   

• Like 11

3 hours ago, edspec said:

This.  I was on QM2 on the 9/22-9/29 TA and I overindulged on both food and drink.   As of 10/11 my weight was back to pre-cruise. There is a lot to be said for high quality base ingredients.  As Americans we'd be much healthier if we were more stringent on food production and safety.

Even the prepackaged sweets in Barcelona were delightful. They did not have that overly sweet processed sugar taste.

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

It's an acquired taste but I love it !

You can have my helping.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Another who just bing read your post up to now.  Thanks to @Host Hattie for posting a link on the Cunard forum.     I've never sailed Cunard before and finding the folks there really friendly and have been helpful in answering all of "dumb" questions. 

Loving all the pictures of the food and menus.   

Thank you. 

You're celebrity reviews are among my favorites glad to have you reading mine.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I thought the same.   It is one of our favorites.   Licking my lips while having my first coffee of the day. 

You and @Host Hattie can have it out for my piece. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Could I just suggest something? You seem to be having such a great time, more than many seasoned Cunard pax, I really think you should bite the bullet and dress up for a gala night, just so you can experience it. After all, even if you hate it, it won’t last that long, and you have enjoyed so much else. I speak as a long standing Cunard fan, who isn’t remotely interested in dressing up, but it is impressive to see the restaurants on a well observed formal night. I do realise this is none of my business.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Could I just suggest something? You seem to be having such a great time, more than many seasoned Cunard pax, I really think you should bite the bullet and dress up for a gala night, just so you can experience it. After all, even if you hate it, it won’t last that long, and you have enjoyed so much else. I speak as a long standing Cunard fan, who isn’t remotely interested in dressing up, but it is impressive to see the restaurants on a well observed formal night. I do realise this is none of my business.

9 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

I would second this - you obviously enjoy people watching so if nothing else it will add to your experience!

Never say never but probably not gonna happen 😆.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, NE John said:
1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Never say never but probably not gonna

I’ll be the first person to say that Cunard is not for everyone (I like it) and it’s great you are experiencing so much onboard and seem to be enjoying yourself. 
I do hope that each brand in the Carnival “family” keeps their identity so we do have choices. I like quiet and calm on a ship or resort but also appreciate those who want the high energy vibe that Carnival offers. As crazy as it sounds, I also like the dress code on Cunard. There is a unique atmosphere created when the ship is in Gala night. Next Cunard voyage, go for it. 
Choices are good - Bottom line!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NE John said:

I’ll be the first person to say that Cunard is not for everyone (I like it) and it’s great you are experiencing so much onboard and seem to be enjoying yourself. 
I do hope that each brand in the Carnival “family” keeps their identity so we do have choices. I like quiet and calm on a ship or resort but also appreciate those who want the high energy vibe that Carnival offers. As crazy as it sounds, I also like the dress code on Cunard. There is a unique atmosphere created when the ship is in Gala night. Next Cunard voyage, go for it. 
Choices are good - Bottom line!

Agree. More choices mean more people get to enjoy what they like. 

I love how quiet it is. Even when I sailed celebrity the ship was LOUD. The dress code, meh I could do without it but I can appreciate a niche that Cunard fills for those who enjoy it.

1 hour ago, heffy2 said:

I thought the egg looked great! I've never been a fan of scrambled eggs on ships, no matter what cruise line.

Sometimes I like them. A little wet is OK unless they are cold and flavorless but these were swimming in their own juices. 

I'd like to try an omelet  but I need to catch the line short.

• Like 7