Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

That’s a shame. I enjoyed my one call at Ajaccio. Another time.

Much less common port of call but if its meant to be it will be.

I hope the seas don't get too rough and the captain can keep us far enough away from whatever storm is out there.

• Like 5

Mobile bar set up. Out of OJ so one part absolute and one part pineapple juice. 

Edit, two parts pineapple not one. Yikes. 

Sitting out on the pool deck until the 70s night starts in the Queen's room.

16977399360405371120570551700304.thumb.jpg.da8876520502f474638675d3810e8159.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BigDog46202 said:

We see your mobile bar - have you decided not to pour it in a glass and just drink it straight from the source now? 🤣

I don't have proper glassware for a mixed drink lol 😅. I can't pour vodka and pineapple into my champagne glass - how tacky  😅 🤪 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Civitavecchia was as expected but my mom found some souvenir shops so she was happy and that's all that matters.

We are back on the ship now and about to head to lunch as soon as the dining room opens.

Are you getting anything to eat in the ports? 

Just now, WhiteOptima said:

Are you getting anything to eat in the ports? 

No the food has been too good on Cunard and all our ports on Carnival are spanish ports and I'm not big on Spanish food.

I did some time in Italy last year and filled up on lots of yummy Italian food. I'd like to do more sweets, that's something I didn't get a lot of because I was counting calories but again, the food has been so good I haven't been tempted in the least to eat in port.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I’ve just looked it up. Looking out for them will certainly enliven my next cruise, though given the age and decrepitude of so many Cunard passengers, I’m not that hopeful.

I had to look it up after reading this. It will forever give a whole new meaning to a pineapple upside down cake.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Amazing what a change of venue does for that group. They had no audience on the deck last night, which I thought was a brilliant location but tonight they had a huge crowd in the crown lounge.

Back to the yacht club, but I may migrate back when the piano man comes on I'm a few minutes.

16977480306483702188648351005902.thumb.jpg.6e5181745941ce6ccf6c695b6ca21767.jpg

Screenshot_20231019-163953_Chrome.thumb.jpg.65a27fcd260faf096993c74de33131f1.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Loving your enthusiasm and detail - need you to continue cruise hopping so we can ride along! Thanks for your time and effort!

Meant to quote you on that last post....absolute hitting harder than my proseco does 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Going to call it a night from here. I hit the late night snacks but in my rush to climb in bed I forgot to upload the pictures from my phone.

I'm too cozy to switch back to my phone (yay laptop still working) so I'll add them tomorrow. It wasn't great tonight - didn't stop me from eating it though 🙂

Good night, see you all tomorrow for an impromptu sea day.

• Like 14