Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

18 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Mixed seasonal berries, smoked salmon, rolls, brioche, sausage and bacon, devilled kidneys, mushrooms, toast, plain yoghurt, croissants, in various combinations saw me through my voyage. 🙂

I forgot how good the mushrooms were! Yum.

Sausages were always good too.

The bacon was too crispy for me and I always have trouble finding crispy bacon. I have no idea how they got it that crispy without burning it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Seasonal berries, smoked salmon, bacon, devilled kidneys sans toast, mushrooms, plain yog, good quality sausages: no carbs in any of those. 🙂

Perhaps it is just me but "devilled kidneys" sounds more like a prank than breakfast food.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, braveslake said:

Sadly, perhaps the new Chef/Kitchen Staff isn't overly concerned about concentrating on the current menu items since they are changing to the new menu on November 11th cruise. 

That is a good point that I hadn't considered. I hope that isn't the case since my next cruise will be on the new menus this will be my last time with the old ones. 

2 minutes ago, chryso said:

I read it on the internet.  It must be true.

Abraham Lincoln once said if it's on the internet it must be true. That's good enough for me.

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I forgot how good the mushrooms were! Yum.

Sausages were always good too.

The bacon was too crispy for me and I always have trouble finding crispy bacon. I have no idea how they got it that crispy without burning it. 

I always (unsurprisingly) have the English bacon, which is not crispy in that way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

This may be the real reason for my unwavering breakfast fare.  I LOVED the bacon. 

And when I say melon, I had several pieces of honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe and pineapple every morning.  My plate really only had room left for bacon.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, chryso said:

This may be the real reason for my unwavering breakfast fare.  I LOVED the bacon. 

And when I say melon, I had several pieces of honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe and pineapple every morning.  My plate really only had room left for bacon.

Pineapple! In with a plate of different types of melon. Which way up? What does that signify?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

It is onion, tomato purée, butter, mustard, and Worcester sauce, according to Jamie Oliver.

I am a tiny minority but I absolutely love Jamie's restaurant on Royal Caribbean. I won't be trying his deviled kidneys though 😆 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Pineapple! In with a plate of different types of melon. Which way up? What does that signify?

That is an excellent question.  I can tell you my wife didn't bat an eye at the direction my pineapple was facing.  I may have to keep an eye on her.

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

My quiet room is too popular. It has attracted someone who wants to make a phone call. And of course he is using speakerphone. Every other word is the F word, and there is a dog barking in the background. 

Glad I was done with my coffee cause I lost my quiet spot 😆

Could never be that cheerful working those hours. It's amazing how they do it.

I hope you turned the Music back on when you left. I'm sure that guy would apricate it. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, NE John said:

Don’t forget the Scottish kippers and smoked halibut in milk sauce. Breakfasts of champions. 

I don't care for fish with bones still in them and I don't know which ones they are so I stayed away. I loved the fresh salmon and tuna options though.

3 minutes ago, chryso said:

Oh, I remember why I didn't have all those things for breakfast.  It is because I am not a Brit.

A lot of the British options were really good.

• Like 1