Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

1 minute ago, balcony bound said:

I miss the old shops, doesn't seem like the new ones have much unless you are on one of the LG ships.

This shop looks just like the logo shop on Celebration I'm gonna get some pictures when it's less peopley but they've got a lot of nice stuff.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Sorry, I have instructions on how to use my Zanussi oven, and the heat source for grilling definitely comes from above. I believe them. And I think that is the universal UK usage.

We would probably call having the heat source from below griddling. I have a griddle pan that goes on the hob.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heffy2 said:

They did that on Glory too, it makes the Conquest Class more like the Sunrise/Radiance, I'm not a fan. I do love those wheel of fortune slots though, lol

Me neither but at least it didn't get the full Sunshine treatment.

Wheel of Fortune is mean to me. I can only play it when I find one of the old .25 ones. The $1 WOF eat my money too quickly.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Hi, I have loved reading your reports.  I was on the Queen Elizabeth with you the first week but have been back home this week.  Wish I had seen these posts earlier.  Anyway, I have a question about your mobile bar.  How do you get the bottle of booze on board a Carnival ship?  I know you can bring all the booze you like onto Cunard but I didn't think that was possible on Carnival.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, chryso said:

Striploin steak?  What is that?

Not sure. Very cheap cut of meat. Cheap enough it has the Carnival folk clamoring to get the flat iron back on the menu.

I can't imagine how bad it has to be for people to prefer flat iron. I ordered it once at brunch thinking it can't be as bad as everyone says. Turns out it really was.

Terrible and so sad that a cow gave up his life for that. Just awful. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, chryso said:

Hi, I have loved reading your reports.  I was on the Queen Elizabeth with you the first week but have been back home this week.  Wish I had seen these posts earlier.  Anyway, I have a question about your mobile bar.  How do you get the bottle of booze on board a Carnival ship?  I know you can bring all the booze you like onto Cunard but I didn't think that was possible on Carnival.

Carnival has a don't ask don't tell policy in Europe. There is a duty free shop after security to stock up whatever you need.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Not sure. Very cheap cut of meat. Cheap enough it has the Carnival folk clamoring to get the flat iron back on the menu.

I can't imagine how bad it has to be for people to prefer flat iron. I ordered it once at brunch thinking it can't be as bad as everyone says. Turns out it really was.

Terrible and so sad that a cow gave up his life for that. Just awful. 

Cunard sometimes has something called New York striploin, which sounds like a burlesque show. But surely that can’t be too bad. And actually, if you are going to eat cows, or rather bullocks, as I do, it is important it all gets used, not just the fillets. But tougher parts are better in stews.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Cunard sometimes has something called New York striploin, which sounds like a burlesque show. But surely that can’t be too bad. And actually, if you are going to eat cows, or rather bullocks, as I do, it is important it all gets used, not just the fillets. But tougher parts are better in stews.

True enough, I take comfort that someone at the steakhouse got that cows filet.

• Like 3