Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

Since this ship usually does 4 and 5 day cruises, there are only two production shows. It seems odd that one of those two is on Halloween.

Would have been a good night to go light in the theater. 

Anyway I'm at the theater for one of the few Carnival shows I enjoy, 80s pop to the max.

16987939130836778671796393117603.thumb.jpg.bf167721c357f0015e823203632e292e.jpg

Karma chameleon 🎶 

Song will always make me think of virgin voyages now. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

Pasta shapes have taken over your review😂.  

That's because I am the only one with the courage to report on the real issues that are impacting the cruise world. I am hoping by shining a light on the problem, we can begin to solve this pasta crisis. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

Man! There is a real energy around the ship right now. I think Andy was as surprised as I was that this crowd could come alive the way it did! 

I really highly recommend trying out a Halloween cruise on Carnival. They really do a great job. Try to get it over Halloween, its just a bit extra special compared to the weeks leading up to it. Such a great time!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

That's because I am the only one with the courage to report on the real issues that are impacting the cruise world. I am hoping by shining a light on the problem, we can begin to solve this pasta crisis. 

Actually pasta is quite a serious matter.🙂 For many years, until the civil war, (one of) the biggest producer(s) of durum flour for pasta was, astonishingly, Syria. So where does it come from now?

I hope the cruets were suitably decorated for Hallowe’en. Little witches hats perhaps? I assume Carnival, being so keen on Hallowe’en, would have an eye for detail.

On 10/31/2023 at 4:56 AM, BigDog46202 said:

We are on Pride and heading to Funchal, Madeira and we are rolling around today!! Woohoo!!

We are on Odyssey OTS and just had a port change. 
we are skipping Azores and have added Funchal.  We are only there 5:00 to 10:00 pm.

Anything close by to see?  Any outstanding restaurants close by?

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Actually pasta is quite a serious matter.🙂 For many years, until the civil war, (one of) the biggest producer(s) of durum flour for pasta was, astonishingly, Syria. So where does it come from now?

I don’t know where, do you?  You have me curious now. 

Good morning. 

There is just one hour left to seperate ship time and US time. 

I did a little better sleeping in. It's still a little early but this is an improvement. 

I've got walk with Andy at 1015 I may try to get a quick bite of breakfast in and save brunch for just before they close.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

Good morning. 

There is just one hour left to seperate ship time and US time. 

I did a little better sleeping in. It's still a little early but this is an improvement. 

I've got walk with Andy at 1015 I may try to get a quick bite of breakfast in and save brunch for just before they close.

Morning.

Let me get this clear: breakfast, brunch, then lunch? I was just reading a review of your ship complaining how small the portions are. 😀

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I hope the cruets were suitably decorated for Hallowe’en. Little witches hats perhaps? I assume Carnival, being so keen on Hallowe’en, would have an eye for detail.

Missed opportunity with the salt and pepper decorations. That would have been cute. 

20 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

According to Google in 2021, the top three producers were Canada, Russia, and Ukraine. Oh dear.

Now we are getting to the bottom of the pasta crisis.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

Morning.

Let me get this clear: breakfast, brunch, then lunch? I was just reading a review of your ship complaining how small the portions are. 😀

I probably won't do brunch AND lunch.  But anyone who complains of small portion sizes is visually challenged.  It could be fair to say it's quantity over quality, but there is most definitely the quantity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

I probably won't do brunch AND lunch.  But anyone who complains of small portion sizes is visually challenged.  It could be fair to say it's quantity over quality, but there is most definitely the quantity.

That’s rather what I thought.

• Like 1

Some of the costumes were interesting, the guy in the red speedo looked quite proud. I liked the 3 ladies, not sure who they were supposed to be but I will call them the pink Diamonds. 

I went on a Halloween cruise on Tge Oasis it was allot of fun but I think Carnival is always a notch up in the Fun part. 

Food seems to be looking better, I have to say being a total “non foodie” I may have been pretty hungry for the better part of the journey.  In the last few menus I actually may have chosen two dishes but some of the menus would have had me eating Caesar salad and the paid for steak every night. 

How many more nights?  

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Some of the costumes were interesting, the guy in the red speedo looked quite proud. I liked the 3 ladies, not sure who they were supposed to be but I will call them the pink Diamonds. 

I went on a Halloween cruise on Tge Oasis it was allot of fun but I think Carnival is always a notch up in the Fun part. 

Food seems to be looking better, I have to say being a total “non foodie” I may have been pretty hungry for the better part of the journey.  In the last few menus I actually may have chosen two dishes but some of the menus would have had me eating Caesar salad and the paid for steak every night. 

How many more nights?  

That was sexy santa! He was 66 years old and I could only dream of being that fit at his age 😆. He won his category.

I don't know what they were either, wasn't there a group of woman called the pink ladies? If that's who they were it's not exactly timely, but then again I heard a man ask out loud what the smurfs were, and it wasn't because he was too YOUNG to get the reference. 

I love both foodie foods, and comfort classics so I'm rarely stuck with too few choices.

Five days left 😪

• Like 8