Current NCL Menus - Fall 2023

ColdCruise

Hello fellow NCL cruisers ….

Does anyone have photos of NCL’s current Menus they are willing to post here? If so would you also kindly include the ship and date (or itinerary start/stop, or R/T)?  This would be a thread similar to the cabin review thread.

I’ve scoured a few roll calls and a few “trip reports” but haven’t found most of the ones I’m interested in. Wine lists and bar menus would also be welcomed! 

Thank  you most sincerely ! 

So, according to what was said at a recent Q&A session, there are 21 (22?) menus available fleetwide and each head chef chooses from those menus.  Which means, I assume, they could stick with the same menu rotation each sailing or change it up and rotate through each and every one over the course of multiple trips.

Roast Beef in the buffet on day 1 seems to be fairly consistent tho.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2023 at 10:06 PM, julig22 said:

So, according to what was said at a recent Q&A session, there are 21 (22?) menus available fleetwide and each head chef chooses from those menus.  Which means, I assume, they could stick with the same menu rotation each sailing or change it up and rotate through each and every one over the course of multiple trips.

Roast Beef in the buffet on day 1 seems to be fairly consistent tho.

17 hours ago, lizygirl3 said:

Prime Rib first day on buffet. 5 people in my group last week had it and said it was excellent. They chose their preferred doneness. Breakaway aug. 23 - September 3rd

@julig22 that is certainly interesting factoid! Thanks for sharing 🏆

@lizygirl3 I think I’d much rather have been at your buffet than @julig22’s - prime rib is one of my favorite beef cuts (tied with a porterhouse 🥩 behind the filet 🥩)

thank you both for sharing 

9 hours ago, Sexydva74 said:

Profcruise has all the menus posted on their website.

@Sexydva74 I do thank you for that lead… I haven’t encountered Prof Cruise’s website before. Very well done but searching on it was not easy. She did a very nice review (link follows) of the “Wines Around the World” Latitudes benefit for Platinum and above. I was curious because unable to get in on last 2 sailings - fully booked by people on B2Bs or with earlier checkins/higher status/havens. Hoping to be able to attend on upcoming TA.

Seems her most current NCL menus are the 2022 NCL bar & resto menus. I recognize several from last falls’ cruising.

Edited by ColdCruise

52 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

@julig22 that is certainly interesting factoid! Thanks for sharing 🏆

@lizygirl3 I think I’d much rather have been at your buffet than @julig22’s - prime rib is one of my favorite beef cuts (tied with a porterhouse 🥩 behind the filet 🥩)

thank you both for sharing 

It was actually prime rib.... So same menu.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

@Sexydva74 I do thank you for that lead… I haven’t encountered Prof Cruise’s website before. Very well done but searching on it was not easy. She did a very nice review (link follows) of the “Wines Around the World” Latitudes benefit for Platinum and above. I was curious because unable to get in on last 2 sailings - fully booked by people on B2Bs or with earlier checkins/higher status/havens. Hoping to be able to attend on upcoming TA.

Seems her most current NCL menus are the 2022 NCL bar & resto menus. I recognize several from last falls’ cruising.

There are 2023 menus 

https://profcruise.com/ncl-menus-2023/

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mitchtech said:

Hi. I've only seen 7 day menus in the main dining room for dinner. What about 10 day cruises? Does the last 3 nights repeat night 1,2 and 3? Trying to make specialty dining reservations  so any information  will be helpful.

Thanks

See post #2 above.  

There are reportedly 21 different daily MDR menus.  Our longest cruise was 12 days and I can verify there were different MDR menus for each day.   Good variety for us😊

We have usually seen menus 1 to 7 in the same order, but they can mix them up if they wish.  (I never book a specialty for day 6!)

We have also seen 3 different MDR lunch menus.   The MDR lunch is only open on embarkation day and 'at sea' days, so not sure if there are more than three.

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

See post #2 above.  

There are reportedly 21 different daily MDR menus.  Our longest cruise was 12 days and I can verify there were different MDR menus for each day.   Good variety for us😊

We have usually seen menus 1 to 7 in the same order, but they can mix them up if they wish.  (I never book a specialty for day 6!)

We have also seen 3 different MDR lunch menus.   The MDR lunch is only open on embarkation day and 'at sea' days, so not sure if there are more than three.

@Sand and Seas what’s special about Day 6 that you avoid the specialty resto (“I never book a specialty for day 6!)”) ? Standard surf n turf or lobster night in MDR or something?  I never noticed anything specific myself.

1 hour ago, ColdCruise said:

@Sand and Seas what’s special about Day 6 that you avoid the specialty resto (“I never book a specialty for day 6!)”) ? Standard surf n turf or lobster night in MDR or something?  I never noticed anything specific myself.

Sorry, nothing that special for most people.    It's been way too many years since we have seen lobster in the MDR.

We just enjoy the appetizers that night followed by my favorite MDR dessert of soufflé 😁 

(I've been known to skip the entrée and just have a couple of appetizers before fully enjoying that dessert)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 12:14 AM, Sand and Seas said:

Sorry, nothing that special for most people.    It's been way too many years since we have seen lobster in the MDR.

We just enjoy the appetizers that night followed by my favorite MDR dessert of soufflé 😁 

(I've been known to skip the entrée and just have a couple of appetizers before fully enjoying that dessert)

If I’m dining someplace with fabulous desserts, I often choose that first then plan the meal to accommodate. I can see choosing a couple apps or small plates as a good plan before dessert 🍮 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

If I’m dining someplace with fabulous desserts, I often choose that first then plan the meal to accommodate. I can see choosing a couple apps or small plates as a good plan before dessert 🍮 

Great minds thinking alike here😊

Why fill up and have no room for dessert?   (DH says he like MDR day 6 for the tasty Meatball appetizer....and he will probably order two of that!)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

"Life is uncertain.  Eat dessert first." ~ Anon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Albinroo said:

So what usually happens on a 14-day cruise, are the menus repeated from a 7-night or different all 14 nights?

They have 21 menus to choose from, I imagine they'll use 14 of them.

I'm on a 15 day in January...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Albinroo said:

So what usually happens on a 14-day cruise, are the menus repeated from a 7-night or different all 14 nights?

Read Post #2. Read Post #11. 

The Executive Chef on the ship selects the menus for cruises 6+ weeks in advance and provisions are ordered for that specific set of menus. Since supply chain is still somewhat unreliable, the Chef is trying to pick menus where there is a high probability of being able to serve. And they try to alternate menus for those on B2B cruises or long cruises like yours. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Executive Chef on the ship selects the menus for cruises 6+ weeks in advance and provisions are ordered for that specific set of menus.

So basically all who read past menus trying to figure out when to eat in a dining room vs specialty, etc. it's very unpredictable, even from the week before your cruise??

45 minutes ago, RedRover96 said:

So basically all who read past menus trying to figure out when to eat in a dining room vs specialty, etc. it's very unpredictable, even from the week before your cruise??

Correct.  I don't fret over what meals are being served in the MDR on a particular evening, I can always take one of my go-to 'classic' meals.

hallux, thanks for the feedback!

We have a 14 day Jade booked in Dec, 1st since Breakaway in '19.  I don't remember if the main menus (14 days) for the cruise are posted after we board? If so and we are interested in switching some of our specialty dinners around (already reserved) we can do so immediately after boarding??

RedRover