How far out can you expect to see dining packages on the app/website?

mcoler181

I spent months wondering the same for my booking - but then realized the dining packages are only for those booked in Fantastica experience or higher.  I cannot see any dining packages for my next cruise (Bella), but can see them for the one after (Fantastica).

12 hours ago, 8420PR said:

I spent months wondering the same for my booking - but then realized the dining packages are only for those booked in Fantastica experience or higher.  I cannot see any dining packages for my next cruise (Bella), but can see them for the one after (Fantastica).

Oh really, we are only Bella, does that mean we wont get offered them at all does anyone know?

We booked Bella interior for our cruise out of Southampton on 24th Nov this year. Packages were available pretty much immediately on the MSC for Me app which was easy enough to set up. 

£65 for 2, £83 for 3.

Edited by Stocksy82

5 minutes ago, Stocksy82 said:

We booked Bella interior for our cruise out of Southampton on 24th Nov this year. Packages were available pretty much immediately on the MSC for Me app which was easy enough to set up. 

£65 for 2, £83 for 3.

Thanks for that, nothing as yet, will have to keep checking. 

I'm assuming they show up in  the same section you would book excursions, beverages etc? 

Edited by mcoler181

2 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

Oh really, we are only Bella, does that mean we wont get offered them at all does anyone know?

I don't see any dining packages for my cruise booked in Bella, but can see them for a later cruise on the same ship in Fantastica (plus one on a different ship).

It is certainly a new change, and seems consistent with the MSC website (screenshot below):

image.thumb.png.121ee47b0c1d57135dacd901849b5bff.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 8420PR said:

I don't see any dining packages for my cruise booked in Bella, but can see them for a later cruise on the same ship in Fantastica (plus one on a different ship).

It is certainly a new change, and seems consistent with the MSC website (screenshot below):

image.thumb.png.121ee47b0c1d57135dacd901849b5bff.png

So we might not get offered any then looking at that.

I'm guessing they will be considerably more expensive to book them once on board?

In the past I have seen a lot of randomness in when MSC decides to make various add-ons available online.  But this denial of pre-sailing specialty dining packages for Bella makes little sense.  This, combined with Bella becoming guarantee and lack of date change flexibility appears to be a concerted effort to reduce Bella bookings.

11 minutes ago, 8420PR said:

I cannot blame MSC for trying to increase revenue, but I suspect this might have the opposite impact as it actively reduces the potential for pre-cruise spending (as a portion of customers cannot buy dining packages).

Exactly, I am looking to buy one but if I have to wait until I get onboard and they are expensive, I wont bother. 

7 hours ago, 8420PR said:

I cannot blame MSC for trying to increase revenue, but I suspect this might have the opposite impact as it actively reduces the potential for pre-cruise spending.

I think the ex-NCL execs now at MSC are turning Bella into the Sail Away rate of MSC.  No specialty meals at reduced prices,  pay the full price on the ship if you want it.  Similar with beverages,  internet, thermal spa and cabin choice - next thing is to start charging gratuities for drinks packages for Bella.

I'm still looking at 49 days out for Seashore TA which may prove to be different. I discovered researching yesterday that package offerings vary by ship. It's possible I'm the only one who didn't know that. Customer service, both phone and email, suggested I call at 30 days if nothing shows up online to purchase pre cruise. Do have Fantastica.

Edited by Rhea98