NCL Safety Video -email bombardment!!!

Markj

We are sailing on Prima tomorrow and of course when I checked in we watched the MANDATORY safety video.

You can't continue check in unless you watch it.

NCL has now emailed me 16 times requesting me to watch it. I mean come on, I've had less emails asking me claim £30million from the late King of Togo.

Give it a rest NCL!!!!!

Anyone else beat that???

40 minutes ago, Markj said:

We are sailing on Prima tomorrow and of course when I checked in we watched the MANDATORY safety video.

NCL has now emailed me 16 times requesting me to watch it. I mean come on, I've had less emails asking me claim £30million from the late King of Togo.

Give it a rest NCL!!!!!

Anyone else beat that???

Yes, they know about and refuse to do anything about it. Very inconsiderate. If everyone acted like NCL does, I'd have hundreds of triplicate emails every day to sort through. Fortunately, the majority of senders are more considerate and professional.  Most will take corrective action once an issue presents itself. Haven't seen that and really wouldn't expect it from NCL, though. So sad.

Edited by luv2kroooz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Given that this happens a lot, I thought it would happen to me after I checked in. I watched the video, it registered, and nary a whisper from NCL to my email. They do, however, keep sending me email nags encouraging me to upgrade from a studio cabin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TPgal said:

Strange...I wonder what their motivation i$?

Probably $. If they can convince me to pay $200 to move to an unsold balcony (or $100 to an unsold inside), then they can charge someone else who wants the previously sold out studio?

18 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

Given that this happens a lot, I thought it would happen to me after I checked in. I watched the video, it registered, and nary a whisper from NCL to my email. They do, however, keep sending me email nags encouraging me to upgrade from a studio cabin.

Give it time; the real nagging happens within the three days before you sail.  I had booked for 12 people and I got individual emails for EVERY SINGLE PERSON at least once a day for the three days before the cruise, after I had had to watch the safety video 12 times to get everyone checked in at 30 days ahead.  It was insane.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have 12 emails now for the video and have watched it at least four times just to be sure and I can guarantee you that tomorrow when we check in at the muster station they will tell me they have no record of us watching it!

6 hours ago, Markj said:

Give it a rest NCL!!!!!

Anyone else beat that???

You win !!!

Usually only once a week after 21 day check in...

Configure and use email's "spam" filtering's advanced options to screen, divert & group those repeating emails into its own folder - check the message headers that you didn't miss anything else important or urgent, i.e. like you got a free upgrade to Haven  (just kidding, okay - wishful dreaming)

Then, it's one click to delete & wipe them all clean from the Spam/Trash bins of your In-Box.  Give it a try - get the "geek" friends, kids, neighbors, etc. to do this for the less tech savvy ones.

13 hours ago, jill5172 said:

Give it time; the real nagging happens within the three days before you sail.  I had booked for 12 people and I got individual emails for EVERY SINGLE PERSON at least once a day for the three days before the cruise, after I had had to watch the safety video 12 times to get everyone checked in at 30 days ahead.  It was insane.

So... There will be at least 11 people on that ship that HASN'T watched the video...  😄 

Joking aside, for my cruise i July I only a couple of reminders. For the cruise before that... oh my!... they just kept coming!

The whole safety video thing is a bit of a mess, if I'm being honest.

I always do the check-in for my whole family. After all, what am I supposed to do, make them sign up for NCL accounts and do their own check-ins? Come on.

I have to watch the safety video for everyone I'm checking in, so I'm watching it multiple times, and they're watching it 0 times.

I imagine that most of the other Designated Vacation Planners in each family is in the same boat (no pun intended), so this means that a sizable percentage of the people onboard aren't watching the video.

Not sure what the answer is, but it's certainly not making the person doing check-in for their family watch the video for each person they're checking in.

37 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Disregarding numerous emails about the safety video is still better than the whole ship doing in person muster at the same time.

It's so easy to delete an email...I truly don't know why people whine and moan about this. Have they not done an in-person muster drill? I have....I never want to return to those days (still, a first world problem, but not a pleasant experience). 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

It's so easy to delete an email...I truly don't know why people whine and moan about this. Have they not done an in-person muster drill? I have....I never want to return to those days (still, a first world problem, but not a pleasant experience). 

And think of the alternative: people angered because NCL hasn't sent them the required video! People will always find a thing to complain about. (However, I agree that in this situation, it's a bit of overkill)

11 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

And think of the alternative: people angered because NCL hasn't sent them the required video! People will always find a thing to complain about. (However, I agree that in this situation, it's a bit of overkill)

I haven't had any (I know, shut my mouth, that's the kiss of death).  I'm not complaining, just perplexed.  Clean living, maybe?

• Haha 1