How to upgrade from Classic or Premium drinks on Celebrity Website. Is this possible?

XuGator

Every time we book a cruise, we always book the all included which comes with wifi, drinks , tips and on board credit. Our OBC shows up fine in the cruise personalizer but we can never figure out how to upgrade our drinks from the classic to the premium package. It should just be 15-20 bucks a day or something but when we click on drink packages, the only options that appear are ones to purchase the package for the full price. There doesn't seem to be an "upgrade" option. We have had to call in every time in the past to get this added but it would be nice to do this online. Does anyone know if this is possible or what we are missing? The planner never seems to detect that we have a drink package at all. Thank you for any insight

1 minute ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Could you already have the Premium package?

I wish. We booked the "all included" that comes with classic drinks. We seem to have this issue on every sailing. Maybe it has to do with the fact that we booked with a TA? Did you book directly through Celebrity ?

Sometimes the upgrade option shows in the app, check there if you have t alread

Also the drink package and wi-fi are not always loaded to your reservation when you book, sometimes a matter of days other times months.  Go to Plan Cruisd and look at your Order History ( Circle on upper right has drop down menu). The drink package will show with zero charge.  If it hasn’t been added then the upgrade option will not show 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Sometimes the upgrade option shows in the app, check there if you have t alread

Also the drink package and wi-fi are not always loaded to your reservation when you book, sometimes a matter of days other times months.  Go to Plan Cruisd and look at your Order History ( Circle on upper right has drop down menu). The drink package will show with zero charge.  If it hasn’t been added then the upgrade option will not show 

Thanks  - it says  "You dont have any orders yet". Maybe they just haven't been loaded in there yet like you said. We only booked a week ago so will give it some more time. Its odd that the on board credit shows up right away though, so we assumed the other packages would as well.

11 minutes ago, XuGator said:

Thanks  - it says  "You dont have any orders yet". Maybe they just haven't been loaded in there yet like you said. We only booked a week ago so will give it some more time. Its odd that the on board credit shows up right away though, so we assumed the other packages would as well.

We booked a year ago and still don't have the option.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, XuGator said:

Thank you Kathy, that is what we have done in the past. I am guessing that even if it does show on the website as an upgrade option, it doesnt apply the captains club discount?

You have to call to get the CC discount. Classic and Select get 10%, Elite and Elite Plus get a 15% off the upgrade price.

• Thanks 1

It is possible to do an upgrade from Classic to Premium on the website. You can also upgrade WiFi. Login to your Celebrity account.  Select Upcoming Cruise and then Manage Reservation.  Scroll way down and select Drink Packages and you should see the packages. You should also see an upgrade option.  If you don't see the upgrade, look for a show all packages option. Sorry, I have already upgraded using these steps so I can't give the exact final step. 

You will not receive the additional Captains Club discount online if there is no sale. You do have to call for that, but they will not combine that with a sale price. However, Celebrity has been heavily discounting beverage and WiFi upgrades with their flash sales. Watch for Black Friday if you don't cruise before then. We received 50% off our beverage upgrade a few months ago. A few final things. Don't be afraid to book the upgrade if you see 30% or 35% off. That's better than Captains Club discount and if you find it lower at a later date just cancel and rebook at the lower offer.  Lastly, this all applies to US residents only 95% of the time. Our UK, Australian and Canadian friends rarely see these sale offers - if that's you and you see a discount, grab it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WestCoastFlyer said:

It is possible to do an upgrade from Classic to Premium on the website. You can also upgrade WiFi. Login to your Celebrity account.  Select Upcoming Cruise and then Manage Reservation.  Scroll way down and select Drink Packages and you should see the packages. You should also see an upgrade option.  If you don't see the upgrade, look for a show all packages option. Sorry, I have already upgraded using these steps so I can't give the exact final step. 

I'm sure that works if your classic drink package shows on your booking but two of can't upgrade like that because the website doesn't show our drink packages. XuGator and I have the same problem. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 12:15 PM, XuGator said:

Every time we book a cruise, we always book the all included which comes with wifi, drinks , tips and on board credit. Our OBC shows up fine in the cruise personalizer but we can never figure out how to upgrade our drinks from the classic to the premium package. It should just be 15-20 bucks a day or something but when we click on drink packages, the only options that appear are ones to purchase the package for the full price. There doesn't seem to be an "upgrade" option. We have had to call in every time in the past to get this added but it would be nice to do this online. Does anyone know if this is possible or what we are missing? The planner never seems to detect that we have a drink package at all. Thank you for any insight

Don’t know when your cruise is, but I waited for a sale. Paid $10.00 pp plus gratuity. I called celebrity and they upgraded us. 

4 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

Does anyone know how close to a cruise you can call and upgrade with Captains Club discount? We are sailing the week after Thanksgiving and I am hoping for a Black Friday flash sale starting the Wednesday before. 

In all likelihood, you won't be able to combine the CC discount with the flash sale.

49 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

Does anyone know how close to a cruise you can call and upgrade with Captains Club discount? We are sailing the week after Thanksgiving and I am hoping for a Black Friday flash sale starting the Wednesday before. 

Usually like 2 or 3 days before is when the Cruise Planner and everything gets locked out.  

• Thanks 1