NextCruise Booking

bgyoshi

Hello,

I put deposit down onboard my last cruise (april 2023) for the NextCruise thing.  Don't even know why I did it since we didn't know when we were cruising again so I won't even get the OBC.  My question is, if I book with Royal so I don't lose the $200 NextCruise deposit, can I transfer it over to a TA afterwards, specifically Costco and still get the shop cards from them?  We're looking at a August 2024 cruise next.

Thanks. 

49 minutes ago, bgyoshi said:

Hello,

I put deposit down onboard my last cruise (april 2023) for the NextCruise thing.  Don't even know why I did it since we didn't know when we were cruising again so I won't even get the OBC.  My question is, if I book with Royal so I don't lose the $200 NextCruise deposit, can I transfer it over to a TA afterwards, specifically Costco and still get the shop cards from them?  We're looking at a August 2024 cruise next.

Thanks. 

If you booked this in April 2023 you can no longer transfer it to a TA as that has to be done in 30 days.

Also, unless you picked the ship and date while you were on board you only have 60 days to choose the ship and sail date or you do not get the extra OBC for booking on board

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you booked this in April 2023 you can no longer transfer it to a TA as that has to be done in 30 days.

Also, unless you picked the ship and date while you were on board you only have 60 days to choose the ship and sail date or you do not get the extra OBC for booking on board

Yeah, I understand I don't get the OBC.  At this point I'm just trying to see how I can not lose the $200 deposit.  The deposit isn't attached to a specific cruise yet, so does April 2023 still count as the date to count 30 days from to transfer to TA?

Edited by bgyoshi

Just now, bgyoshi said:

Yeah, I understand I don't get the OBC.  At this point I'm just trying to see how I can not lose the $200 deposit.  The deposit isn't attached to a specific cruise yet, so does April 2023 still count as the date to count 30 days from to transfer to TA/Costco?

April 30 is the date that counts as that is the day the reservation number was generated.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Didnt you post this earlier. You cannot name a TA. 

If you book direct, I think I've read you only have 30 days to transfer to the TA of your choice which cannot be  named here. 

Ah, that's why I couldn't find my post anymore.  Forgot I can't name the TA, it's been a few years since we cruised and been on the boards and rusty at it!

Thanks for the response!

2 hours ago, bgyoshi said:

Ah, that's why I couldn't find my post anymore.  Forgot I can't name the TA, it's been a few years since we cruised and been on the boards and rusty at it!

Thanks for the response!

I wish cc would post these rules so people know what they are. Hard to obey invisible rules. Not your fault. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I wish cc would post these rules so people know what they are. Hard to obey invisible rules. Not your fault. 

i just wish there’s some notification to tell me when my post gets deleted and why. so I won’t make the same mistake again 😄

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When it gets bad enough that you get an official warning they'll let you know. 

You are speaking of the world I live in all too (wrongly, of course) often. 

Bad- I disagree. Misunderstanding is how I like to think. But of course, that’s why I spend time in the hotbox. 

Read the rules, follow them or else.