Manhattan - park at port or hotel package?

Megnolia

Hey! First of all I apologize for asking a question that’s probably been asked a hundred times. I’m struggling with the search feature on mobile. 

we are sailing out of Manhattan Dec 28. Port parking is quite expensive, as expected. But I’ve read so many horror stories about the park and cruise hotels in New Jersey with passengers stranded for hours and paying out of pocket for Uber back to the hotel. No great savings after all. 

What’s your preference: port or hotel? 
Is it really horrendous attempting to drive to the port? 
Any good park and cruise experiences? 
Any parking tips beyond those two options? 

Thanks so much! First time NYC cruisers although we’ve parked in Baltimore many times - maybe we’re making this more complicated than it needs to be! 

Edited by Megnolia
Typo

8 hours ago, Megnolia said:

Hey! First of all I apologize for asking a question that’s probably been asked a hundred times. I’m struggling with the search feature on mobile. 

we are sailing out of Manhattan Dec 28. Port parking is quite expensive, as expected. But I’ve read so many horror stories about the park and cruise hotels in New Jersey with passengers stranded for hours and paying out of pocket for Uber back to the hotel. No great savings after all. 

What’s your preference: port or hotel? 
Is it really horrendous attempting to drive to the port? 
Any good park and cruise experiences? 
Any parking tips beyond those two options? 

Thanks so much! First time NYC cruisers although we’ve parked in Baltimore many times - maybe we’re making this more complicated than it needs to be! 

You're making it more complicated than it has to be.

You didn't say where you're driving from,  but if you're driving from the west or south of NYC since the cruise terminal is on the far west side of Manhattan you won't be driving on city streets for very long. 

Parking at the port is convenient, easy and secure. We've done it more times than I can count. 

• Like 1

Totally agree with Turtle.  So nice to get off the boat and be in your car in 15 minutes, and on the road heading home or to your next destination a few minutes after that.  And the cruise terminal is on a great road for heading to Points North pretty quickly and easily with zero city traffic.