Cancelled AGAIN

BeasleysMom66

16 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

VV told me they will begin processing them on the 11th, in the order they were received.  If you know what you want to switch them to, get them in. You can do it or your TA can do it for you. Either works.

And of course, if you think one of the new itineraries, those are supposed to be open for booking tomorrow.

will there be new itineraries released on the 11th that are not already listed in the rebook form?

8 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

The forms are going through right now if you submit them. TAs are submitting them already on the client's behalf. 

yes have submitted form but that does not mean availability is known or guaranteed.  Also you can submit this on your own behalf without a TA if you want.  My issue is I would like to know if any Rock star suites are available on the VL southern Caribbean dates.  would love to get my SAS back but that is just a dream.  There is so much unknown with this.  eg. I ask to rebook for one date but I am flexible for others if better rooms available.  are they going to stick me in regular room when I paid for a Rock star suite and offer me a very small difference in price since I booked my room over a year out to get lowest rate on the SAS.  I would have preferred not to be told this was going to happen until they were ready to deal with my questions and also not have to submit a form but be able to communicate directly with all of these questions or have my TA communicate directly ON THE DAY THEY TOLD ME MY CRUISE WAS CANCELED. so I did not have to have so long to worry.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ghostshark said:

will there be new itineraries released on the 11th that are not already listed in the rebook form?

Yes. They have shared the list with TAs but its just been added to a 79 page document that includes all of the itineraries...old and new. Makes posting them problematic.  If any one has a particular area and  date range I will look for you.

11 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

If any one has a particular area and  date range I will look for you.

given the difficulties finding available RS cabins to rebook to with the current schedule, I'm most interested in knowing whether the 2025 Mediterranean schedule will be released on the 11th

1 minute ago, ghostshark said:

given the difficulties finding available RS cabins to rebook to with the current schedule, I'm most interested in knowing whether the 2025 Mediterranean schedule will be released on the 11th

Right now on the list for 2025 are Resilient sailings in Australia/New Zealand area

Scarlet and Valiant in Caribbean

Mediterranean sailings are all 2023-24

And of course 2024 sailings out of Portsmouth

I suspect they are waiting to announce more when they know Brilliant Lady can actually sail. I doubt they want to go through this again 🙂

2 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

Right now on the list for 2025 are Resilient sailings in Australia/New Zealand area

Scarlet and Valiant in Caribbean

Mediterranean sailings are all 2023-24

And of course 2024 sailings out of Portsmouth

I suspect they are waiting to announce more when they know Brilliant Lady can actually sail. I doubt they want to go through this again 🙂

The current list on the rebook form stops at April 2025. So there are no dates to be released on the 11th that are for sailings after April 2025? A Sailor Services rep told me there would be, but I doubted whether what he was saying was accurate.

I'm not interested in summer/fall 2025 sailings in the Caribbean, for obvious meteorological reasons.

5 minutes ago, ghostshark said:

The current list on the rebook form stops at April 2025. So there are no dates to be released on the 11th that are for sailings after April 2025? A Sailor Services rep told me there would be, but I doubted whether what he was saying was accurate.

I'm not interested in summer/fall 2025 sailings in the Caribbean, for obvious meteorological reasons.

The Sailor Services told you correctly. The ones I see, which are supposed to also open tomorrow go to 12/25 on Valiant, Resilent and Scarlet in Caribbean  and NZ/Australia

Edited by Gretchendz

6 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

The Sailor Services told you correctly. The ones I see, which are supposed to also open tomorrow go to 12/25 on Valiant, Resilent and Scarlet in Caribbean  and NZ/Australia

So hurricane cruises and cruises on the other side of the world. Sigh.

I'm going to have to end up getting a refund, as the rebook offer seems completely useless to me.

7 minutes ago, ghostshark said:

So hurricane cruises and cruises on the other side of the world. Sigh.

I'm going to have to end up getting a refund, as the rebook offer seems completely useless to me.

Sorry if that's true. There will be Portsmouth (there is Portsmouth) and Mediterrean but perhaps not in your desired time frame.

Personally, I would wait as they will give the refund if you don't do anyhting and something more may happen in the meantime.

Edited by Gretchendz

Just now, Gretchendz said:

Sorry if that's true. There will be Portsmouth (there is Portsmouth) and Mediterraean but perhpas not in your desired time frame.

Personally, I would wait as they will give the refund if you don't do anyhting and something more may happen in the meantime.

but you also said "The ones I see, which are supposed to also open tomorrow go to 12/25 on Valiant, Resilent and Scarlet in Caribbean  and NZ/Australia." You didn't indicate any European cruises being added.

I'm just trying to find a cruise with RS cabin availability that is not Med in June-August, Caribbean during hurricane season, or in the Eastern Hemisphere. And if there isn't something like that appearing by December 28, then I just gave billionaire Sir Richard Branson an $8000 interest-free loan for a year, with nothing else to show for it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

Yes. They have shared the list with TAs but its just been added to a 79 page document that includes all of the itineraries...old and new. Makes posting them problematic.  If any one has a particular area and  date range I will look for you.

Could you please check if there are transatlantic itineraries for around April 2025? USA to Europe?

30 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Could you please check if there are transatlantic itineraries for around April 2025? USA to Europe?

Not what you wanted but for the sake of others:

Scarlet Miami to Med 4/21/24

Scarlet Rome to Miami 11/28/24 (16 nights--sounds good to me!)

I suspect further transatlantics will come later.

43 minutes ago, ghostshark said:

but you also said "The ones I see, which are supposed to also open tomorrow go to 12/25 on Valiant, Resilent and Scarlet in Caribbean  and NZ/Australia." You didn't indicate any European cruises being added.

I'm just trying to find a cruise with RS cabin availability that is not Med in June-August, Caribbean during hurricane season, or in the Eastern Hemisphere. And if there isn't something like that appearing by December 28, then I just gave billionaire Sir Richard Branson an $8000 interest-free loan for a year, with nothing else to show for it.

I'm sorry I was not trying to list all 79 pages, I was responding to what I thought was the request. Yes there will be sailings out of Portsmouth. Resilient Lady Several in Aug and Septemmber 2024.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

Not what you wanted but for the sake of others:

Scarlet Miami to Med 4/21/24

Scarlet Rome to Miami 11/28/24 (16 nights--sounds good to me!)

I suspect further transatlantics will come later.

Thanks

Where does Scarlet go after April 2025?
the list from VV insider ends 19 April 2025

https://vvinsider.com/full-itinerary-details-2024-2025-sailings-virgin-voyages/

You mentioned the document has sailings to 12/2025

does it have a gap in the summer?

39 minutes ago, Gretchendz said:

On this list, Scarlet is in Caribbean after April 2025. Last I see in Nov. 1 in Eastern Antilles.But there is a gap between May and August. I thik she might be scheduled for drydock then, but not sure.

Probably not dry dock since SL is dry docking November 2024, right before the Rome to Miami TA. I guess VV is still deciding where to put SL for the summer of 2025. I think it will go to Northern Europe/Iceland. 

17 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Probably not dry dock since SL is dry docking November 2024, right before the Rome to Miami TA. I guess VV is still deciding where to put SL for the summer of 2025. I think it will go to Northern Europe/Iceland. 

Oh duh. I'm sure you are right.

8 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

@herdfans4

If you give me a few dates and itineraries (please no more than 3 or 4) I will go into the system and see if the RS are filled. It won't guarantee you get in, of course.

In fairness to your TA, most of us had about 10-15 minutes prior warning ourselves.  If we happened to see it, we scrambled to let our VV clients to hear from us.  

Can you please see if there are unposted new itineraries for April 6-14th, 2024? I submitted a request for April 6 Eastern Antilles but I noticed today my cabin category is no longer available so I'm not sure what that will mean for us.

22 hours ago, herdfans4 said:

My issue is I would like to know if any Rock star suites are available on the VL southern Caribbean dates. 

Unfortunately, nobody knows that until tomorrow and all spaces will be filled on a first-come first-served basis by the Sailor Services support team starting tomorrow morning. Keep in mind that those VL sailings were first filled by Sailors who were originally booked on the Brilliant Lady.  I've heard from multiple friends they were automatically switched to the same cabin on VL from their BL sailings. 

So I ended up submitting a San Juan departure request  that leaves a day before.  Flights aren’t too bad and I know, hopefully, I can get reimbursed for any difference.  

I am curious if VV is worth all this headache though. Don’t even know if a similar cabin will be available (we are just in a sea terrace). Any previous cruisers? Should we go for it?  Thanks 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BethesdaSC said:

So I ended up submitting a San Juan departure request  that leaves a day before.  Flights aren’t too bad and I know, hopefully, I can get reimbursed for any difference.  

I am curious if VV is worth all this headache though. Don’t even know if a similar cabin will be available (we are just in a sea terrace). Any previous cruisers? Should we go for it?  Thanks 

I’m frustrated too AND VV has a great product! I think you’ll be pleased once you sail them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BethesdaSC said:

I think once you get onboard, you'll have a great time. VV IS a great product. They are terrible at delivering ships on time, but then so is everyone else these days. But I think once you get onboard to experience the product firsthand, you'll see why so many of us are willing to let them slide. 🙂

59 minutes ago, BethesdaSC said:

Virgin is targeting a specific type of cruiser, and offers an amazing onboard experience for those people. If you are looking for exactly what other cruise lines offer, no, Virgin is not worth the headache that their terrible shore side handling of things causes. If you are looking for what Virgin is trying to provide onboard, 100% yes it is worth the headache.

• Like 1