Clarify what Virgin considers a "Cabin Category"

DAP2

I've reviewed the cruise contract and can't find my answer. 

"...as long as it's in the same cabin category".

Regarding cancellations, what does Virgin consider a "cabin category." Is it exactly like for like i.e. Central Sea Terrace for Central Sea Terrace. Or, is the cabin category the broader cabin category "Sea Terrace,"  and you could rebook at Central Sea Terrace or the cheaper cabins The Sea Terrace or Sea Terrace Obstructed view. 

• Like 1

So, for your category you are correct, that is the name of your cabin basically. They also have a "meta category", and ranking of which are used for lock-it-in rates and I would imagine the easier inventory to move sailors between. 

Below for info....

image.png.40ec9935c0f74dc4e2c403d762ed8342.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As far as I know it is the specific type, so sea terrace is one category, central sea terrace is another, XL sea terrace is a different category.

This is from the my next voyage offer being for the sea terrace or better category then listing out all the separate ones it applies to.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jon81uk said:

As far as I know it is the specific type, so sea terrace is one category, central sea terrace is another, XL sea terrace is a different category.

This is from the my next voyage offer being for the sea terrace or better category then listing out all the separate ones it applies to.

There can be a difference in the official designation and the way they refer to things.  For instance, the MNVV is "Sea Terrace or better" and that specifically does not include the Lock it In rates.

1 minute ago, cantgetin said:

There can be a difference in the official designation and the way they refer to things.  For instance, the MNVV is "Sea Terrace or better" and that specifically does not include the Lock it In rates.

Yep there is a list of the applicable cabin categories in the promotion terms and it starts at regular sea terrace. MNVV is promo 50 in this list

https://www.virginvoyages.com/promotional-terms-and-conditions?item=d56315a9-5acc-4555-9bd7-f8fe9786b398

On 9/7/2023 at 10:24 PM, DAP2 said:

I've reviewed the cruise contract and can't find my answer. 

"...as long as it's in the same cabin category".

Regarding cancellations, what does Virgin consider a "cabin category." Is it exactly like for like i.e. Central Sea Terrace for Central Sea Terrace. Or, is the cabin category the broader cabin category "Sea Terrace,"  and you could rebook at Central Sea Terrace or the cheaper cabins The Sea Terrace or Sea Terrace Obstructed view. 

The Cabin Category is the specific cabin category you booked. Central Sea Terrace = Central Sea Terrace. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2023 at 7:04 PM, Gretchendz said:

For the purpose of rescheduling canclled cruises. If you were in a Central Sea Yerrace, that's what you get. So Central Sea terrace, Sea terrace, Sea View, Insider, etc.

We were in a seriously suite in our cancelled cruise but are now in a brilliant suite for our rebooked cruise. Same price as original even though it's way more expensive if bought as a new booking

• Like 2

CineGraphic, I am booked on the Resilient Lady for next year in Cabin 8034Z.  I noticed you once stayed in cabin 8034A on the Scarlett Lady but you forgot to take pictures.  Can you please tell me how much obstruction there was for that cabin since I know both ships mirror each other?  All other cabin types are sold out unfortunately.  Thank you.