Unlimited dining first night

Merly

We have booked the unlimited dining package for the first time.  Having read the boards I can see that I have to wait until I am on board before I can book the restaurants. My questions are - when will I find out which venue they have booked for the first night?  Do I have to wait until on board? Will they be able to tell me when I book the others?  Can I change it?

TIA

We neve had anything booked for the first night.  Although they say they do that generally nothing is booked until you do it onboard.  Yes you have to wait until you board to book.  Make it the first thing you do once you board so you get maximum selection.  If you are in a suite the Concierge can do it but otherwise do it first thing on board. If you are booked for something and you want to change it that is no problem subject availability.  

We print out a list of what we want so that it is easy to know when and what. you want to book.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merly said:

We have booked the unlimited dining package for the first time.  Having read the boards I can see that I have to wait until I am on board before I can book the restaurants. My questions are - when will I find out which venue they have booked for the first night?  Do I have to wait until on board? Will they be able to tell me when I book the others?  Can I change it?

TIA

It will usually show when on the ship connected to the Royal Guest wifi, but this hasn't always been the case.  You can book a restaurant in the app for the first night if it doesn't conflict with the automatic reservation.  We usually book every night but the first night on the app and then stop in to a specialty restaurant and say please change the first night to X.