Specialty Restaurant Trio Question

kkmabo

We have gone on a few Celebrity Cruises over the last few years, but have only done a few one-off specialty dining dinners (Tuscan Grill and Le Petit Chef on S class ships).

We have a Reflection Southern Caribbean Cruise in November and got what I thought was a reasonable price on the "Specialty Restaurant Trio" promo -where we get two dinners and one lunch in specialty dining venues - but cannot book until onboard.

I assume the best strategy is to get the earliest boarding time possible and to rush to one of the specialty restaurants to book once we get onboard? What are the chances on being able to get Murano for a dinner? Lawn Club? 

We were not in love with Tuscan and would like to try Murano and maybe Lawn Club?  We liked Le Petite Chef, and would be willing to do again if that is the best available.  We do not eat sushi, does that mean Sushi on Five is not a good match for us? (we do eat other seafood).  Any strategies for getting the best possible choices/maximize our choices?   Is the Porch worthwhile? 

Is  Murano for lunch a good alternative if that's all that's available?  Is it the same food/experience? I am afraid there will be almost nothing available once we are onboard as it seems like the ship is almost sold out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  FWIW -we are a couple in our early 50s, have really enjoyed Celebrity very much over the last few years after having done a Carnival cruise for our honeymoon a very long time ago (hadn't cruised again for 25 years after that 🙂 - although it was our honeymoon and we still had a great time, Carnival was not our vibe even when we were in our 20s.)  I like good wine, DW is beer only.  I would not say we are foodies, but a lot of what is on MDR seems old fashioned, boring and honestly not that great recently. Also just the same old menu over and over again, so that is why we wanted to try some of the specialty dining.

TIA for any advice!  Much appreciated!

Board early, be flexible with days and times and you should be fine. We love.Murano for dinner ( have it booked 2x on our next S class cruise.  We also love the Lawn Grill great food and casual outdoor dining at sea- what’s not to like.  I don’t know if you can use the lunch for lunch at the Porch but if so it worth looking at the menu  score you board.  
with a little flexibility you should not have a problem.

Be flexible with your choices.  If you want a specific date and time in a specific restaurant I would book the reservations directly.  However if you will take the restaurants and times that they have you should be fine.  We would frequently do a package for the length of the cruise.  Some days we would get our first choice of restaurant at the time we wanted,  on other days we would have to choose a different restaurant or a different time.

This time around we just booked the restaurants directly with a Labor Day Flash sale.

Edited by NMTraveller

Murano for lunch is nice but there will be a limited menu.  You may have 3 choices for each of 3 courses.

It is a good experience for food and service.  

If you wish to dine at a certain day at a certain time, then a package is not for you.  We like to dine early and therefore, we book early with the particular restaurant.  We are not 8:30 or later diners.  

18 hours ago, kkmabo said:

What are the chances on being able to get Murano for a dinner? Lawn Club? 

The chances are excellent --

A few $$ to the Maitre'd seems to open up a spot at your preferred time. 

I've been accused on CC more than once that it's a bribe and folks don't like it.

For me, it's a way business is done and a few extra $$ is well worth it.

Both Murano and Lawn Club are excellent !!