Kids birth certificate and wife’s maiden name

Ja2012

My wife and I both have our passports but our two sons will be cruising with their birth certificates.  Since only her maiden name is listed on their certificates and her passport has her married name, is a linking document required? I will be cruising as well and we all have the same last name   

I might be overthinking it but this is the first name in many cruise that we’re not all cruising with passports.

Yes I know we should all have passports but circumstances arose and I’m left deal with the aftermath. 

Edited by Ja2012

8 minutes ago, Ja2012 said:

My wife and I both have our passports but our two sons will be cruising with their birth certificates.

Is it a closed loop cruise that allows travel with just BC and ID? Are your sons under 16? Over 16 may require photo ID along with BC. But as @irishgal432 noted, bridging documents may be required.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Just to be safe, bring her birth certificate and her marriage license in addition to her passport.

Agree, BC and ML should be fine. Was a Single Parent raising 3 Kids when we Cruised along with first 2 I'd bring her Death Certificate

• Like 1

We have a cruise in 3 weeks.  My daughter and her husband in 1 room, my wife and granddaughter age 5 in 1 room and I am in a 3rd room.  My wife is divorced and jus remarried. We are checking in together.  She is bringing granddaughters Birth Certificate but she has a new married name. What else does she need?

2 hours ago, volk904 said:

my wife and granddaughter age 5 in 1 room

2 hours ago, volk904 said:

She is bringing granddaughters Birth Certificate but she has a new married name.

Is the granddaughter the child of the daughter and husband in room 1?  If so then nothing else required for the granddaughter.  If not you need a notarized form available on Royals website giving permission to travel with a minor not your child.

You wife marital status should not matter as long as you are reserved in the name that is on her passport. If you've reserved in her new married name but she is trying to travel on the old name in a passport she will have trouble at embarkation.  I'd get the name on the res. changed to match the passport name.

I actually said this wrong. My daughter & her new husband are in room 1, My wife and Grand daughter of the daughter in room 1 are in room 2, Right next door,  My daughter has taken the name of her new husband so her last name is different than her daughter.

11 hours ago, volk904 said:

We have a cruise in 3 weeks.  My daughter and her husband in 1 room, my wife and granddaughter age 5 in 1 room and I am in a 3rd room.  My wife is divorced and jus remarried. We are checking in together.  She is bringing granddaughters Birth Certificate but she has a new married name. What else does she need?

Marriage license

• Like 1

7 hours ago, volk904 said:

I actually said this wrong. My daughter & her new husband are in room 1, My wife and Grand daughter of the daughter in room 1 are in room 2, Right next door,  My daughter has taken the name of her new husband so her last name is different than her daughter.

Always bring whatever is needed to connect all names from child to parent.  I always did, rarely needed them, but when I was asked I was very happy I had them!

7 hours ago, volk904 said:

The parents of the child are divorced and the mother is traveling, but not the father that is listed on the BC? Depending upon their custody agreement, they may need to get a travel consent form signed by the father. 

I apologize if I’m misunderstanding the situation.