When did MSC over take NCL? Future growth?

DrSea

2 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

O god, please no!

I was on an Alaskan cruise with HAL last month - I will keep my comments r3garding the caliber of the so-called “comedian” to myself. If this is something the American market deems necessary for a successful cruise, then I am very sad.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

MSC Yacht is a great experience. In my humble opinion, on a par with NCL and most Celebrity ships. The Edge Class may be a little above. The biggest difference is if you leave the YC. You'll think you were transported to Carnival.

That may be true, but I think the guests are a little better dressed.  But people watching is phenomenal.  EM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2023 at 7:14 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

I wonder what NCL has coming after the next 4 Prima Plus ships. - Market permitting: Slow fleet renovations on the ~150k GT segment for upper mainstream market point. Possible acquisition from a 3rd party big shipping operator other than MSC or a Chinese venture, with shipyard slot control in mind.

I wonder what MSC will do with the remaining World Class ships. - Asia will go... To Asia; or China to be more specific! Africa, if it would be called Africa would be a typical dancing ship for capacity adjustment between US, Middle East and Caribbean sailings depending on their needs. No more "A380's" of the seas afterward though. Enjoy the existing ones till there is. Explora to try their best to fill their 6 already contracted ships will be a niche of their own with no challenge to the existing ones. Mainstream MSC to receive a few new "Fantasia+" ships to replace Lirica and Musica classes on the 2028-32 order book season.

I wonder how much bigger the ICON Class will be for RCCL. - As stated above for the World class: No more "A380" of the seas for the foreseeable future other than the already contracted ones before the pandemic. RCCL will need to build a new Vision-to-Radiance class for their secondary offering now that X is heading Premium+ with their Edge class.

I don't care what Carnival will do in the future. 🥱 - Carnival? Shut down Costa lines and restructure AIDA; transform Princess on basically an RCI/MSC main contender, Strengthen even more Carnival's baseline offering as the party line environment they're now adding those Costa ships to the count, and possibly to sell Cunard to a 3rd party specialty British oriented provider if they cannot to make them a new Princess replacement. HAL to become Luxe lite company for Seabourn full luxury line.

Those are my 2 cents for the next years in the cruise market. Enjoy!...