Trying to Get Information from Calling HAL

mcrcruiser

13 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

FWIW we   never would use a company PCC . Iy has been my experience one time that a cruise line sold us the cruise on a non cancerable  deposit but did not tell me it was a non cancerable deposit . Once burned . We do a whole lot better with TAs 

I'm not sure why when you are using a TA, you are still calling HAL with and not just calling your TA with your questions regarding your booking? 

• Like 3

I think finding an answer quickly, efficiently, and correctly requires more than one approach and sometimes more than one source. For example: If I want to know about the specifics of my reservation, like payment dates or OBC, I'd ask my TA or PCC. If I want a specific policy, I'd ask for a link to the HAL site. If I want recommendations for an excursion or what to eat at a specific dining venue, I ask here. While a TA or PCC or the super user-friendly HAL site can be good resources, some things are best asked of the HAL CC community. There's no way the other three sources can match the breadth & depth of hundreds of users. (Possibly thousands, because I assume everybody wants to read the nonsense I write.)

Edited by POA1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

Just want to agree with @albingirl. Call the PCC number, just hold until someone picks up. Even if the person who answers isn't a PCC they'll either know or find out the answers. I've never been on hold for such a long time at that number.

Recently, I looked at the invoice for a cruise I booked 6 months ago and noticed it showed cancellation insurance. Since I hadn't paid for it and didn't want it, i called my PCC to have it taken off. She was on vacation, so I got another PCC who insisted I needed to pay for the insurance right then. I asked what if I cancel the cruise. After being put on hold twice, He said I still needed to pay for the insurance. I called back later and that PCC said no problem and took the insurance off.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, POA1 said:

There's no way the other three sources can match the breadth & depth of hundreds of users. (Possibly thousands, because I assume everybody wants to read the nonsense I write.)

@POA1. You never fail to provide a good answer (and perhaps more importantly, make me chuckle). If there was a way to pre-like every post of yours I would do that!  Maybe I will ship you my supply of club orange tote bags as a token of appreciation for the amusement. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

The contract you agreed to allows them to make changes.  So any lawsuit would come down to whether the contract is enforceable.  And the cruise line paid expensive lawyers a lot of money to write those contracts so they would be enforceable.  So by all means, take your shot and sue and let us know how it turns out.

You're right. They do take care in wording of contracts, and the "contract of passage" goes on for many pages. It's like port changes. The contract you agree to says they may cancel or change ports if need be. And THEY are the ones who determine "need." 

Now if only they'd pay money like that to some decent IT people...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

The contract you agree to says they may cancel or change ports if need be. And THEY are the ones who determine "need." 

Is someone proposing that the pax should get to vote on whether or not to cancel a port? That will go well. Something about "inmates running the asylum"?

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Is someone proposing that the pax should get to vote on whether or not to cancel a port? That will go well. Something about "inmates running the asylum"?

Kind of like Gilligan's Island. Who cares about designated port stops anyway...let's all just hang out at a beach for a few days. Just like the son of the son of a sailor! I'm in.

• Thanks 1

What I’m finding when I try to call lately is it appears a majority of my calls are being routed to an off-shore call center. I can hear other people handling calls in the background, the representatives are usually difficult to understand, and it’s clear they haven’t been with HAL very long as every question results in my being put on hold while they check with a supervisor. This always leads to miscommunication because when they come back their answer never answers my question.

Yesterday, after getting the same runaround I tried a different approach. I kept calling and if it sounded like the call center I hung up and called again. I finally reached someone who had a clear connection and apparently has been with HAL for a while as she answered my question herself and gave me an email address where to send my AARP info. Something I’d not gotten from the first person. The email address was good and I had a reply later in the afternoon.

• Like 1