Our Brilliant Lady cruise 2/24/24 was not cancelled - I was able to access all info in the app this morning!

tbmrt

Happy to be able to see on app this morning that everything went through to VL sailing for that same date.  

However, I had to sign in and out numerous times since I kept getting thrown out of the app.  

Also, if this helps anyone.....When I went to enter my return flight info, the airline's name was not available in the search.  However, I was able to scroll through all the airlines and find mine (Jet Blue).  The airline names within a letter (in our case the letter "J") were not alphabetical.

6 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Yep, if you were transferred to a VL sailing on the same date, it's a smooth transfer to the new ship. I've been hearing the same from a bunch of folks who were transferred almost as soon as the announcements were made. 

I would agree somewhat. We were on the 3/2 BL sailing that got shifted to the VL but... we were sailing with another couple whom we had our TA link the reservations together and get us 2 adjacent rooms. We were on the 13th floor with 2 adjacent XL Sea Terrace rooms. Now we both have XL Sea Terrace rooms on the VL, but ours is on the 10th floor, and there's is on the 11th floor on the opposite side of the ship. Having our TA call VV to see if they can rectify this. Boo! not happy... 😞

Edited by Mbot222000

53 minutes ago, JandPB said:

I still can’t see our 2/24/24 sailing as of yet. Were you able to pick an embarkation time? I never saw that as an option. I’ll keep checking the app to see if the VL cruise shows up. 

I'm on the 2/3 Valiant sailing and was able to access the app today, and select my embarkation time. 

Only thing currently messed up is that my cabin is showing as GTY when I already had a great cabin selected when the sailing was on Brilliant. I've emailed my TA to look into it, I thought we were supposed to have everything stay the same with the move to Valiant. 

1 hour ago, scubagal44 said:

I'm on the 2/3 Valiant sailing and was able to access the app today, and select my embarkation time. 

Only thing currently messed up is that my cabin is showing as GTY when I already had a great cabin selected when the sailing was on Brilliant. I've emailed my TA to look into it, I thought we were supposed to have everything stay the same with the move to Valiant. 

I was able to see my booking now. My TA was able to get us on the same deck just on the port side vs the starboard side. All good. Now to find airfare that isn’t $1,000 from Cleveland to San Juan. 

Edited by JandPB
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Mbot222000 said:

Having our TA call VV to see if they can rectify this. Boo! not happy... 😞

At least you're on the cruise. 🙂  Your TA doesn't have to call, they can go into the VV booking engine and see all the cabins. If there are adjoining cabins anywhere they can very easily move both of you so long as you both were booked through the TA. Literally takes about 10 seconds for a TA to move guests within the same category. Good luck! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

At least you're on the cruise. 🙂  Your TA doesn't have to call, they can go into the VV booking engine and see all the cabins. If there are adjoining cabins anywhere they can very easily move both of you so long as you both were booked through the TA. Literally takes about 10 seconds for a TA to move guests within the same category. Good luck! 

Yup - my knowledge of how TA's operate nowadays is nil. I just travel unlike a lot of you folks who know the ins/outs of how to do this stuff or are TA's yourself... Regardless, I sent her an email and problem solved! exact same cabins as we had originally booked on the BL! 2 adjacent XL Sea Terrace rooms on the 13th floor!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sfspider said:

Try Southwest into San Juan - we've had luck in the past, plus no baggage fees.

Southwest is double what I'm seeing right now from other carriers. I'm so reluctant but Frontier has a non stop home which we will most likely hop on. 

On 9/12/2023 at 5:25 PM, scubagal44 said:

The same thing happened to us for the 2/24 sailing.  The App does not show our cabin number.  The ship name is also not showing either on the App or the website.  I called Sailor services and they confirm that our reservation has changed to the Valiant Lady and we are in the same cabin number as we were on the Brilliant Lady.  The agent sent me a new confirmation email showing Valiant Lady and our original cabin number.

Lorraine

• Like 1

A quick update, and a rare positive shout-out for the app:

Our Brilliant Lady Southeastern Caribbean Isles booking was successfully transferred to Valiant Lady, same cabin and along with it our DBE. We've both completed all our "pre voyage checklist" steps (photo, passport, etc.) and picked our boarding timeslot. Nothing to do now but wait for reservations to open up!

• Like 1