Ordering flowers on board

QuattroRomeo

46 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

We've always pre-ordered our flower arrangements but I recall some of you saying you can order on board too. Do you just go to Guest Services? Is the selection different than what you can pre-order? Any advantages?

Yes - Guest Services has a book w/pictures. I think it's a larger selection than what's available to pre-order. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I agree w/ Haljo1935.  I ordered at guest services.  They had a book with photos. They had selections for different number of stems.  Warning:  I ordered what I thought would be a small mixed bouquet, but what was delivered was huge.  Very pretty, but took up quite a bit of space in our little cabin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do consider the shape of the arrangement - tall vase, short vase, spreading arrangement, triangle shape arrangement, etc .... when considering where the arrangement can be placed in your cabin. And how "tippy" it might be.  They have always been very lovely and very lasting arrangements, no matter which one chosen. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Guest Services. I joined a cruise in June late so I couldn’t pre-order. Went down to Guest Services and the guy there got the florist on the phone. I was even allowed to specifically tell him the main flowers I wanted which were different than what the book showed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, mwj said:

They also call the ‘florist department’ to make certain your selection is available.

There are florists on the ship. If you have a special occasion, you can meet with one and describe what you want. I have found every one of them to be super nice and equal to, or better than land based floral designers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Is the consensus that it's better to wait until onboard to get flowers? 

I think I will try it next time. We've always liked the bouquets, but I only remember getting exactly what the pre-order photo showed, once. I guess it can vary with fresh stock and what they can get for each sailing, so you never know. Same for the vases. Once on board, they can only offer what they actually have! At least that's my assumption. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

I think I will try it next time. We've always liked the bouquets, but I only remember getting exactly what the pre-order photo showed, once. I guess it can vary with fresh stock and what they can get for each sailing, so you never know. Same for the vases. Once on board, they can only offer what they actually have! At least that's my assumption. 

I learned to now order the least expensive one, and have always gotten something lovely and long lasting, regardless of what the photo promised. I try to stick to something with Peruvian lilies up front in it, since they always last the longest. 

I pre-ordered the Catherine (carnations) bouquet last winter for our B2B; it lasted well into the second leg. It did have a spreading "footprint", but there was room in the Vista Suite (tried it in three places!). I plan to pre-order the Charlotte bouquet for the next 35-day cruise, then get more flowers half way through. Charlotte is also carnations, but more upright arrangement. I have heard of people getting tropical flowers ashore and bring them on!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I pre-ordered the Catherine (carnations) bouquet last winter for our B2B; it lasted well into the second leg. It did have a spreading "footprint", but there was room in the Vista Suite (tried it in three places!). I plan to pre-order the Charlotte bouquet for the next 35-day cruise, then get more flowers half way through. Charlotte is also carnations, but more upright arrangement. I have heard of people getting tropical flowers ashore and bring them on!

20230425_105036.jpg

• Like 4

Hi all...

I am new to HAL and have my first two cruises with the line booked!   I've always pre-ordered flowers on NCL and Celebrity until...and with no advance notice....Celebrity discontinued the service.  I was not happy and brought a pop up paper bouquet on my final cruise with Celebrity.  That is one of many reasons that I'm looking to sail different lines.

I pre-ordered flowers for both HAL cruises (one isn't until about a year away) I guess because I'm afraid that they will discontinue the service as Celebrity did.  Maybe pre-orders will be honored?  Obviously I have no idea but I love fresh flowers in the stateroom...

Happy sailing to all!

• Like 2

I have always pre-ordered bouquets and received them every time. Most recent one was in June of this year. There is an option to also order them onboard!

There are also lots of flowers on display in common areas on HAL ships, one of the things we really like. Hope you enjoy them, too! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

If you hang back after the flower arranging demo, you can talk directly with the florist and let him know of any special requests, substitutions, etc and he will make you exactly what you want. You can also buy vases from him at that demo.

11 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey @colbe what is this arrangement called, do you remember? It's very pretty.

These are from a market stall in Hilo Hawaii. They were a replacement for my HAL flowers that had reached the throw out stage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1