Ordering flowers on board

QuattroRomeo

@sciencewonk  yes the ordered bouquets can be as large as you wish. 

The Neptune Lounge  concierge has a folder with  photos of various floral arrangements that can be ordered.  If you wish to speak to the on board florist to order something different from the photos, the Concierge will arrange a suitable time to meet in the Neptune Lounge.(which I have done)  After a week or so, the Concierge arranged for the florist to visit our stateroom to tidy the flowers, they looked like new again when he had finished. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, erewhon said:

After a week or so, the Concierge arranged for the florist to visit our stateroom to tidy the flowers, they looked like new again when he had finished. 

Now that is good service!  I love having flowers in my cabin and the ones I have received on HAL from my TA have all been very pretty!

~Nancy

I've ordered flowers on board for many years. I never order ahead. I go to Guest Services the first day, order with a specific dollar amount and request certain flowers - I say usually star lilies and fragrant. Star lilies last a long time, and I love the smell of flowers. Then I say let the florist design what he wants. I've never been disappointed! the Christmas arrangement was spectacular, and you get lots of bang for your buck!

Question concerning vase:  Since we fly in for our cruises, I did not want to take the vase home, plus I have many nice vases already.  Can we just leave it for our cabin steward to deal with.  What is the correct way to handle the unwanted vase when flowers are dying, no longer pretty?

1 minute ago, Banditswife said:

Question concerning vase:  Since we fly in for our cruises, I did not want to take the vase home, plus I have many nice vases already.  Can we just leave it for our cabin steward to deal with.  What is the correct way to handle the unwanted vase when flowers are dying, no longer pretty?

If the vase is one of the pretty HAL vases,  I'd give it away to someone on your roll call. Otherwise the cabin steward will just remove with no issues.

Just now, BermudaBound2014 said:

If the vase is one of the pretty HAL vases,  I'd give it away to someone on your roll call. Otherwise the cabin steward will just remove with no issues.

Thanks, I didn't specify a vase when I ordered.  It was 1 of the big glass type vases...so I doubt anyone would have wanted that.  I am wondering if they reuse the vases if we leave it behind.  In my case, when flowers began dying (14 day cruise) I tossed them & reduced the arrangement to a smaller coffee cup.  I asked the cabin steward to discard the vase.  But I was wondering what the "right" thing to do would be.

6 hours ago, Banditswife said:

I asked the cabin steward to discard the vase.  But I was wondering what the "right" thing to do would be.

I always empty and wash my vase, leave it draining on a towel on the bathroom vanity, and ask the cabin steward to remove it at his convenience. 

I have never had a decorated vase, and do hope those are used again. Frankly, I can't think of any reason not to reuse any of the vases again, so long as they are cleaned. I hope HAL does so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuthC said:

I always empty and wash my vase, leave it draining on a towel on the bathroom vanity, and ask the cabin steward to remove it at his convenience. 

I have never had a decorated vase, and do hope those are used again. Frankly, I can't think of any reason not to reuse any of the vases again, so long as they are cleaned. I hope HAL does so. 

Thanks Ruth C, yes that is what I am hoping- that the vase would be washed & reused.