Anyone visited Bimini recently? please advise

qster

Was just there on Fri 11/24/23.  Once you arrive in Bimini cruise port, don't deal with the mayhem of cart rentals or overpriced resorts with "exclusive" access to pools, food, chairs and beach. Use WhatsApp to call Lorenzo, 1 (242) 477-9459 (he doesn't use text or phone), a lifelong Bimini cabbie with a 7-8 seater van. He'll take you down to Radio Beach (2 miles from cruise port) for $5 per passenger in about 7-9 mins., and you can rent chairs, order food from the Conch Fu shack (I got Conch wrap with fries for $16), get CocoLoco drinks (rum and coconut juice inside the freshly cut coconut), etc. I think we paid $15-20 each for the chairs under a big shaded canopy for all day, and nobody bothered us. Bring a bottle opener and soft sided cooler - Lorenzo will show you the store where the locals gets beers for $3 each. Not much snorkeling though; a few rocks with schools of fish on the south side of the beach, but the water is just perfect. If you are into fine dining and avoiding locals and how they live, Radio Beach is not for you. It's authentic. People are friendly and while the chairs or canopies are not brand new, they work for a day of relaxation. Not very quiet though, a few jet skis and some music, but still great. Lorenzo was also available in about 5 mins. at the end of the day to take us back to cruise pier.

Edited by Celebrity_Fan
  • Like 2

My plan one was golf cart but then I decided it might be a hassle and might not be reliable.  So then I booked resort world when it was on sale for $29 per person.  Thought that might be boring and may not get a shady spot so cancelled that one.  Booked Reef Shark snorkel for $84 per person on sale.  10 days until the port so I think that is my final answer.  

We were in Bimini on Nov 12, 2023 on Celebrity. We got a good price on the Resorts World day pass through the cruise line and we were pleasantly surprised with how the day turned out after reading so many mediocre reviews.  There's a shuttle at the end of the pier that makes a few stops but it was fairly quick and convenient. There are lots of beach chairs, though a bit tightly packed and a good amount of chairs around the pool. Unfortunately one of the pools was closed for a private function so the one open pool was pretty jam packed. You do get a free "rum" punch then have to pay for drinks after that. Though the prices were high for the cocktails (around $15) they were strong and tasty.  We bought the pass with lunch included which we were glad we did because the food was expensive however if you are vegetarian there really aren't many options with the included lunch...we made do. Overall, we were very pleased with the day, if we go back to Bimini we would likely do this excursion again. If we are in Nassau again we will not get off the ship. Please let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, momtogo said:

We were in Bimini on Nov 12, 2023 on Celebrity. We got a good price on the Resorts World day pass through the cruise line and we were pleasantly surprised with how the day turned out after reading so many mediocre reviews.  There's a shuttle at the end of the pier that makes a few stops but it was fairly quick and convenient. There are lots of beach chairs, though a bit tightly packed and a good amount of chairs around the pool. Unfortunately one of the pools was closed for a private function so the one open pool was pretty jam packed. You do get a free "rum" punch then have to pay for drinks after that. Though the prices were high for the cocktails (around $15) they were strong and tasty.  We bought the pass with lunch included which we were glad we did because the food was expensive however if you are vegetarian there really aren't many options with the included lunch...we made do. Overall, we were very pleased with the day, if we go back to Bimini we would likely do this excursion again. If we are in Nassau again we will not get off the ship. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Do you remember how long lunch was?  We booked this as well via Celebrity on sale as well as a snorkeling morninv trip via a local company out to the Sapona.  We have zero interest in going out on the island as we have been there already and wasn't for us.  Just plan on going right to resort.

6 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Do you remember how long lunch was?  We booked this as well via Celebrity on sale as well as a snorkeling morninv trip via a local company out to the Sapona.  We have zero interest in going out on the island as we have been there already and wasn't for us.  Just plan on going right to resort.

I think the lunch is just getting one of the options off of the $20 lunch menu which I would imagine you could do until at least 3pm.  https://rwbimini.com/bimini-beach/bimini-beach-menu-lunch/

• Like 2